RC poster

Rear End Vibration

Hey Guys

I purchased a used XO and bench tested everything b4 running and noticed the wheels were warped from a crash from the previous owner

So I ordered new wheels and put them on today-

@ Low speed everything seems true and straight

When giving almost 1/2 throttle on remote the rear end seems to vibrate and shake- not sure if this is normal on a bench test - maybe it has to be on the ground for a better test but its raining out now.

I can see the right rear axle seems to move/shimmy more than the others but cant tell if its from the center spline or CV joints

Any Help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Mike

RC Racer
    Pick up one of these (http://www.hobbywhatnot.com/187_page_1217936.htm) to test the axle, it will also help balance the wheels too. You also might want to check the bearings. Clean the bearings out with alcohol; make sure it's free of grease and oil. Spin it and see if it still spins freely. If it makes clicking noise or move from side to side replace it.

RC poster
    Yup- Balancer did the trick!! Balanced all my other cars and trucks while I was at it- instead of putty I used actual car weights and cut them in half and shaved them down then electric taped them for double protection and rechecked balance again. Perfect!!!

RC Qualifier
    You pretty much have to balance any RC wheel if you wanna run past 40mph vibe free. My XO-1 shook considerably with unbalanced wheels.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

Another trick to balancing tires is to remove the driveshaft between the diff and the axle and leave the tire on the car. Spin the tire and put weight on the side that ends up on top. Inexpensive and everyone has at least four balancers on their car.
    Last edited by Double G; 01-22-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Another trick to balancing tires is to remove the driveshaft between the diff and the axle and leave the tire on the car. Spin the tire and put weight on the side that ends up on top. Inexpensive and everyone has at least four balancers on their car.
    That's how I do it, I just use the front hubs on the 2wd slash instead of disconnecting xo1 shafts.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC poster
    what baffles me, if you sell a car that does 100+ - shouldnt it come with balanced tires - esp if you spend $1k buying it or even on a new set of wheels with tires $100+

RC Qualifier
    I was thinking the same thing when I got mine. Maybe there are aftermarket aluminum wheels one could adapt to Xo1 that might be better balanced.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash