Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 217

Thread: Poor Mans XO-1

  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    356

    Poor Mans XO-1

    Well something came in the mail today.
    -


    First Thing that came to mind is that this thing is huge. Considerably bigger than a GTP2e or Dm1 e
    And heres the unboxing








    As you can see the car is used. I got it for a sweet deal, I am going to throw in a MMM/2200kv combo in there which I also got for a really sweet deal.

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    500
    Digging the head line.. Personally I think somethings are worth buying used and rc's happen to be one of them for me.
    I bought 2 new a Revo and a Maxx and I admit I wouldnt probably buy a new rc again.
    Nice car,and enjoy


    Tapatalk PRO
    7107 Merv Brushless, Soon to be Big Block

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    356
    Me too. I have only bought 2 new rcs. The Rest of mine that I have bought (Dont still own them all) around like 100 used, I have never been scammed over, knock on wood.

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    474
    I really think your title is awesome when I look at your kitchen! If you're a poor man let's switch kitchens! I'll even throw in a brand new XO-1! Bwhahahhaha!

    What's also funny is I bought mine brand new and it looks almost identical to yours except your body is in way better condition than mine!
    Last edited by bringit; 04-04-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    XO-1 #4...

  5. #5
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    29
    poor man? from the look at your kitchen, I'm poor!!!!, lol......

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    356
    Well its not my kitchen, its my parents. Im only 16. Dont be calling me spoiled I worked for every rc i own. I work part time in a hobby shop and in the summer im a caddy. My parents never give me anything except on my birthday and christmas.

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    474
    Ah, that explains the kitchen. Have fun with the XO-1.
    XO-1 #4...

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Codova, TN
    Posts
    861
    Keep us updated on your build
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,169
    Congrats on the XO-1!!! It's hard to find kids that don't have things given to them on a silver platter these days. Keep up the good work, it'll only make ya stronger. I worked for everything I own and I don't feel bad either.

    BTW nice look'n car. Keep all your updates to this thread so that we can see the progress of this built. I'm Subscribed.

    Kuddos to ya.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  10. #10
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    29
    Good for you Yolo, tell your parents they have an awesome kitchen, lol, I was just like you as a kid, i worked for everything I own. Good to hear you work and get your own stuff. Nice car by the way. When you have it all together. Show us your build. Good Luck little man.....

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    356
    Thanks everyone. i dont want to say the price but RTR is sub $500

  12. #12
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,158
    I think youre gonna love it! Definitely keep us updated.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Jeremy

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    356
    Got my Motor Installed!

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    looks great !
    which gear you running ?

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mile 300 Alaska Highway, B.C Canada
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    looks great !
    which gear you running ?
    Really cool, Be interesting to see how that motor performs in it. Good score. Welcome to the club!
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    356
    A Castle 2200kv motor on 2 2s 40c lipos!

  17. #17
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,158
    Looking good! Can't wait to see vids.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Jeremy

  18. #18
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    356
    Well nothing new so I decided to post an new pic-
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    405
    Gear down some , that 34 will put to much load on the motor and esc but on the bright side you have a higher kv motor so you don't need to gear that high anyway to get good speed.

  20. #20
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOer View Post
    Thanks everyone. i dont want to say the price but RTR is sub $500
    Kudos on doing what Traxxas couldn't do right in the first place.

    Small tip.

    Do 30t pinion and 5s
    100% punch control
    Max front throttle EPA

    you will smoke the stock xo-1

    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

  21. #21
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    356
    Im going to run the 34t for now.
    Im going to run a MMM with a BEC.
    And 2 2s 40c gens ace packs.
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

  22. #22
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    recalculating...
    Posts
    581
    You have a really nice kitchen. Also enjoy the XO-1 with the MMM sounds like you got a killer deal.
    I like turtles.

  23. #23
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOer View Post
    Im going to run the 34t for now.
    Im going to run a MMM with a BEC.
    And 2 2s 40c gens ace packs.
    34 will work but will take time to spool up.

    BEC is a great idea.

    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

  24. #24
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by DasRustler View Post
    Kudos on doing what Traxxas couldn't do right in the first place.Small tip.

    Do 30t pinion and 5s
    100% punch control
    Max front throttle EPA

    you will smoke the stock xo-1

    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
    Dont get what traxxas should of done in first place . SOLD rollers ?
    Unless everything is used or 2nd hand no way it would stay in the $500 range
    just a new roller is 200-300 , motor , esc , another 300-400 , radio / reciever, servo . another 100 lets say if you go cheap , plus batteries , another 100 , body $50 ur almost at $1000 either way you look at it ..

    It's over $500 just roller , motor , esc ..lol regardless if you had it or not you still paid for it somway

  25. #25
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    Dont get what traxxas should of done in first place . SOLD rollers ?
    Unless everything is used or 2nd hand no way it would stay in the $500 range
    just a new roller is 200-300 , motor , esc , another 300-400 , radio / reciever, servo . another 100 lets say if you go cheap , plus batteries , another 100 , body $50 ur almost at $1000 either way you look at it ..

    It's over $500 just roller , motor , esc ..lol regardless if you had it or not you still paid for it somway
    Yea I agree and the roller with no tires body or servo or splitter cost 300. And by the he is gonna be fast but he's is not gonna Beat a stock XO-1

  26. #26
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitchen View Post
    Yea I agree and the roller with no tires body or servo or splitter cost 300. And by the he is gonna be fast but he's is not gonna Beat a stock XO-1
    Why won't he beat a stock XO-1?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Jeremy

  27. #27
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    239
    hes running a 2200kv on 4s. 60-70 maxx and thats pushing it because this cars a bit heavier than 1/8th onroads

  28. #28
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Why won't he beat a stock XO-1?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Ok I know you are thinking 2200kv is higher but it does not have the torque to push that big pinion like the stock motor

  29. #29
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    2,041
    The 2200 will push the xo-1 to 80mph atleast on 4s. It will run hotter than the 1717 though. I ran mine on a tacon 4074 2150kv. was faster than stock on 4s but was only good for 1-2 passes.
    E-revo mmm/2200
    100+mph tc4 neu powered

  30. #30
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    356
    Umm Well I ran It today and I hit 84,4 on 4s. I think on 6s it will be 110 mph.
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

  31. #31
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOer View Post
    Umm Well I ran It today and I hit 84,4 on 4s. I think on 6s it will be 110 mph.
    Cool glad you got it running good just want you to be careful because the 2200kv runs much hotter that the 1717 which
    will put a heavy load on your system. thats the reason for the 1717 its more efficent run after run.

  32. #32
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    405
    not to mention i dont run mines at 100 around 70 is good for me

  33. #33
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    84mph thats quick ..

  34. #34
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,158
    Nice speed. What's your motor and esc temps?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Jeremy

  35. #35
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    2,041
    esc should stay cool but keep an eye on motor temps. told ya it would run atleast 80. I say 112 on 6s.
    E-revo mmm/2200
    100+mph tc4 neu powered

  36. #36
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Nice speed. What's your motor and esc temps?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    The Esc was borrowed from a Freind and the fan was not working on it. I got 3 full throttle passes before the system shut down and i had to wait 5 min before I ran agian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitchen View Post
    Ok I know you are thinking 2200kv is higher but it does not have the torque to push that big pinion like the stock motor
    The 2200kv it not a small motor. Technically it has more power then the 1717. It spun the pinion like a breaze.
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

  37. #37
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOer View Post
    The Esc was borrowed from a Freind and the fan was not working on it. I got 3 full throttle passes before the system shut down and i had to wait 5 min before I ran agian.

    The 2200kv it not a small motor. Technically it has more power then the 1717. It spun the pinion like a breaze.
    I know it's not small but it does not have more power it has a higher rpm but it has less torque so it can't reach those rpm,s
    With the tall gearing in the XO-1. Ok so if you had the 1650 motor in there the esc would have never shut down. I am not knocking
    Your setup all I am saying is maybe you need to lose the super tall gearing so you don't have a esc overheat on you and you will still have good speed if not almost the same. This most likely why Traxxas used the 1650
    Kv because the 2200 was not efficient enought for the gearing required to make 100+ passes over and over
    Without the risk of damaging or overheating the system
    Last edited by Kitchen; 04-16-2012 at 10:59 AM.

  38. #38
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitchen View Post
    I know it's not small but it does not have more power it has a higher rpm but it has less torque so it can't reach those rpm,s
    With the tall gearing in the XO-1. Ok so if you had the 1650 motor in there the esc would have never shut down. I am not knocking
    Your setup all I am saying is maybe you need to lose the super tall gearing so you don't have a esc overheat on you and you will still have good speed if not almost the same. This most likely why Traxxas used the 1650
    Kv because the 2200 was not efficient enought for the gearing required to make 100+ passes over and over
    Without the risk of damaging or overheating the system
    I disagree. I believe the 2200kv has the capability to reach full rpm. It is a very powerful motor regardless. Also the esc may not have shut down if the fan was working.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Jeremy

  39. #39
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    405
    Ok we disagree with each other lol, only time will tell us as future hobbiest run the 2200 in the car, btw I will give you a brand new 2200 for your 1717 if you like those better lmk

  40. #40
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitchen View Post
    Ok we disagree with each other lol, only time will tell us as future hobbiest run the 2200 in the car, btw I will give you a brand new 2200 for your 1717 if you like those better lmk
    Already have one.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Jeremy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •