RC Enthusiast

Need quick answer!!

Doing a Mt conversion on my slash 4x4. I just orderd Proline trenchers premounted on the desperado wheels.. I orderd part # 1170-13 ?? Is this right??? It says pede rear etc... I just noticed they have part #1170-12 Pede fronts??? Whats the diff and should I reorder?? Thanks guys!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you need fronts all around, they have more offset, called them and let them know you want to change the order.

RC Enthusiast
    So the Rear wont work then??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtxr View Post
    they work, but will look narrower, since the wheel gets closer to the chassis.

RC Qualifier
    The rears will work, i had them on my slash 4x4 MT. you just have to use the stampede 2wd front hexes all around.( or just up front, their wider)

As you can see in the pic these are rears, you can tell because the Wheel nut is "exposed" not down inside the rim like the front style rims. i have them mounted with nothing but the 2wd stampede hexes up front and the suspension in the 2nd to closest inside hole. ONCE AGAIN THESE ARE THE REARS I HAVE MOUNTED AND THEY WORK.

Hope this Helps

And as you can see here i have 4 FRONTS mounted up and you can see how the wheel nut is no longer "exposed" These are your better choice but if you have already ordered the front style dont worry, they will work fine just like i have shown above.

013 by afol2524, on Flickr
    Last edited by afol2524; 04-04-2012 at 10:45 PM.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Enthusiast
    Ok so the fronts will work with all stock hex's etc?? And if I can only get the rears?? I will have to order the 2wd pede hexes then?? Thanks for that. I will see what happens in the morning!!

RC Qualifier
    Ok so the fronts will work with all stock hex's etc?? And if I can only get the rears?? I will have to order the 2wd pede hexes then?? Thanks for that. I will see what happens in the morning!!
    Yupp you are Correct

You have to order the 2wd FRONT Hexes
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Enthusiast
    Thats great info!! Thanks guys!! Im going to try and get the fronts instead!! would like to beable to just swap bodies and tires back and forth etc.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by afol2524 View Post
    Yupp you are Correct

You have to order the 2wd FRONT Hexes
    it will still be not as wide as using fronts 2wd wheels all the way around. running the front/4x4 wheels front and rear, plus the 2wd front hex's is the way to go. add the protrac kit and you get this

And no i dont get sick of posting my truck hehe
    Man i need more than 50 characters.