PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA

Issue with link tx

I am using the tx from my erbe on my Late Model racer.

Every time I shut the radio off, the servo reverses?
    I do not change anything else from default, except the dual rate on the right dial for racing my late model or mod sct classes. I turn the radio on, the wheels turn the wrong way. I enter the "tree" Hold the left button, then press the left button, press the right button 3 times, then hold the left button till the light goes green to get the servo to go the way I need. I go through my heat, main or practice session, then I shut everything down. Next time I turn the truck on, the servo is swinging the wrong direction? Not the hugest deal, only takes 5 sec, but what is happening here? Is there anything I can do to stop this? Traxxas support told me I need to use a different version tx?

A little lost here.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I might be missing it... but are you locking in the setting?

Hold MENU for 3 seconds
    Green Blinks

Press MENU
    2 Green Blinks

Press SET
    Green Blinks

Press SET
    Red Blinks

Press SET
    8 Green Blinks

Hold MENU
    Setup Complete
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

Yes I am. My sequence above matches yours to a T. That is what is confusing me...

I have never had a problem with the link tx's and have most of the tree committed to memory. This w/e I will switch to another tx. It is not a big deal because I am racing with the tx "clean" with no changes to the default settings. If I ever need adjust braking or throttle endpoints, among the other bells and whistles, this could become a nightmare on race day.

I am also confused why trx support told me I have the wrong tx. Seems that the tx should hold its settings when I turn the tx off. The more I think about it the more I think his recommended fix was a bunch of bull.

I'm going out on a limb here to guess that there is something wrong with the Tx or Rx. All setting should be recalled when you turn on the radio system. It may be time to talk about repair/replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    The more I think about it the more I think his recommended fix was a bunch of bull.
    That's an unreasonable and unfair way to characterize it. Perhaps the instructions were wrong (IDK) but I'm sure the person you spoke with had your best interests in mind and tried to do their best to help you.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

I guess you had to be on the phone with him to understand. Maybe he was just new, but he really did not know much about the radio system, and I was giving him info about it, and then he would say "your right".

I do understand that I should not say that on here. My apologies.

But feeling that I was given false info felt unfair to me.
    He told me that if I take out my tx batteries, all settings are lost. True or false?
    He told me that I had the wrong version of the link 2 ch tx. He could not explain why it was the wrong one, how to tell which one was the right one, or give me any info on what different versions there were.

I found a temp fix. If I turn the car on 1st the settings stay. If I turn the radio on 1st, they erase. Not good. I replaced the tx with another from the bin, and it works fine now.