RC Competitor

Exclamation Do not buy rc screwz!

In my previous post problem after problem (not impressed) I decided to send in my esc so when I was taking it out I had to fiddle around with stuff so in the end I took out my engine esc receiver box servo front and rear left with a blank chassis so I thought wow perfect opportunity to put in this new ss screw set I was wrong it is the hardest thing to find the right sized screws and the don't have the screws for everything like the (servo flat ones) and the proper screw is like .5mm off so I was putting my screws back I and realized I have a lump on the bottom of my car (from a screw pushing through) when I went to put the back on I checked without the screws it ran smooth pushing it and with them the car is almost stuck so I went back to the original screws after taking it apart and re setting it in a new spot and now the original screws are stuck to. I just totalled it up and I have spent 987.36 dollars on it and I might just sell it for $849.99 so i could get this so if you can convince me to keep my slash 4x4 thank you in advance
    Last edited by 3_rolls; 01-09-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Rule #11

RC Qualifier
    I put them on my mini Summit and love them. Plenty of screws left over in the kit too, although I haven't swapped out the ones holding the trans and what-not together.

It didn't come with a few screws (like the sleeved/collared screws that the rocker arms pivot on), but all in all I think it was a nice upgrade; don't have to worry about them all rusting out now.

In some of the spots I did notice that I couldn't find a screw that was the exact same size as the original, in which case I just used one that was just a hair shorter or just a hair longer, depending on where it was and what it was holding on.

RC Competitor
    ya I did that to and no I have a small lump in my chassis

RC Racer
    From all the screw kit reviews I have read, the Tony's Screw Kit are the best hands down.
    They are 12.9 grade hardened steel.
    That's what I'm going to get and there about 24 for set.
    I wanted the stainless steel at first also but are way to soft and strip easy.

RC Qualifier
    Your just mad bro

RC Competitor
    ya because I spent all that money and it is breaking if i was not mad that would be weird

RC Enthusiast
    I am not gonna try to tell you to do anything. But if you can not drive a slash at 30-35mph without breaking it then you should not by something bigger, heavier and faster. But hey good luck to you
    R/Cs = world peace

RC Competitor
    its not my driving it is traxxas I got it and drove it good not big high crashes and it broke

RC Qualifier
    At 47 you should have a little more patience. This is a hobby and should be fun.
    Last edited by jay janak; 01-08-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Champion
    same as the rest, not telling you what to do but buying another bigger faster etc R/C won't solve your problems it'll just get you further in the hole. The Baja breaks just as often and goes less places (2wd) and due to its size and speed you can't drive it in many places. The gas motor is also fairly loud so those around my not like it compared to quiet electric. Just some thoughts. When I get discouraged, I have to put it away for a couple of days to cool down and then jump back in.

RC Competitor
    ya im not 47 im 15 I just used my dads age incase it was like nope you have to be 18 and ya i am not that into monster trucks cool truck though and ya I am waiting a year then buying that or the hpi baja 5b ss

RC Racer
    I know how ya feel bro im 15 too and my slash was acting up too. The slipper burnt up, my button on my esc stuck, my slipper adapter burnt and i stripped 8 spur gears before finally figuring it out. A rim hex just stripped and now my esc is kicking into lvc early. But i had an extra esc laying around and it is up and running again and it is absolutely worth keeping. I love every part of the slash

RC Qualifier
    im gonna stick up for the slash here. i have not been a punishing person nor am i sayn that u have been . but i have put the truck under some torment. the fact is that u can go buy any rc out there and have it break. no matter what it is. it does really suck for u that u have had some troubles. staring at a truck sucks when u just wanna see it perform. we all been there. but selln ur truck to go onto another rc that will break too will not make u happy either. rc's are just like anything else , atv,motocross, cars. anything u run is gonna have a problem . every hobby i have has its"oh this is broke now i gota fix it moments. plus u just bought the truck. why does it need new screws. my esc just went to heaven to . traxxas is fixn it . they could just not pay guys to test em and just say "well u blew up ur esc now buy a new one for full retail". no they hook u up for pretty much there cost if ur out of warranty. so chill man , u will get to run ur truck hard and not have to deal with much . i kinda dig when the truck needs a tweek or fix . i have fun tinkern with it. so if that is not fun for u than this"the radio controlled hobby" aint for u .
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Competitor
    I needed the screws because mine were already rusting and ya I get it

RC Enthusiast
    I have to say I have absolutely abused the tar out of my slash. Let me elaborate. 12-20ft drops from rock to rock. High speed full throttle into houses, cars, and even managed a good 4-6 feet up a tree on 2 accounts. 8 foot drops into creeks. Too many curb hits to count, all of this full throttle on! Thus far I have broken 1 bearing carrier, 1 a-arm, 1 axle. I have stripped out 2 spur gears..my fault as I was learning proper gear mesh settings. Oh and yes my ESC sticks, but I find this a minor inconvenience at worst. Yes the stock screws get rusty and strip, thank goodness for ebay where I have purchased the complete stock screw sets for roughly 8 bucks(including the tools). Sounds harsh huh? It is. I intentionally got this thing with an intent to absolutely destroy it! Me and my buddy had a goal, tear our RC's into as many pieces as possible. So now here i sit with this beast of an RC truck, that is nothing but a joy to bash with.

My point? Patience. My first week or so was nothing but trouble shooting gear mesh, and learning bearing maintenance, and adjusting shocks, and all the other things needed to have real fun.( I no longer try to destroy it) I truly understand your frustration, but if you tough it out, you can have a real blast!

RC poster
    I'm 13. Age is no excuse and considering the fact I have a slash as well, i know what you mean, it's hard to make money for this hobby. But rcscrewz is a great screw manufacture. It was your idiot fault that you put a screw that was way to long for the spot it belonged. No need to start a big deal about it. Obviously you don't take care in what you are doing to your car or you would of matched the screw..

RC Qualifier
    not to be a meanie pants but you put the wrong screws in and your mad? ive had 3 sets of rc screwz and they where all fine. and a little rust never hurt no one

RC poster
    i repeatly jump my slash(and not perfect landings all the time) 50-65 ft on asphalt at approx. 10-12 ft. in height almost everyday after work since i purchased mine and havent broke *knocks on wood

i use and abuse, gonna get my 400 $$$$ worth.

the slash is one tough and mean car ...... dont get mad cause you didnt pay attention to the screws or didnt have alil patience to look at your exploded view to double check.

with the durablitly of the truck(not to mention the awesomeness) and all the and help these good folks round here help us noobs with. nobody should be whinning about a darn thing.

hi my name is wedoitall and im at day 63 of being a RC addict. theres nothing i can do to stop , i would say its ruining my life but that would be a lie. (my ol lady wants my slash when i buy another) i now have 3 cars, 2 are traxxas and the 3rd would be but its 5th scale(wish traxxas would sell 5th again hint hint).
    Last edited by wedoitall; 04-03-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: hillbilly grammar

RC Champion
    Punctuation would make your posts much easier to decipher young gun. At least periods at the end of sentences if nothing else.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

Don't give up! It takes a person of substance to tackle a problem head on and attack it. You are now frustrated but if you were to sell your truck it would be at a great loss. If you were able to get more than $350.00 for your truck, it would be a surprise. I have faith that you will take this experience to grow as a person. Frustration is a part of life. It's how you handle that frustration that matters. Don't forget that myself and a whole lot of others are here to help you. So stay with it, we have your back!
    Last edited by El Sob; 04-04-2012 at 08:36 AM.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    Man there is alot of hating going on here. No need to call people idiot's or stupid for a mistake they made. If they realized it or not. Not like non of you have made a mistake in your live's. This site is to offer help and guidance, not to belittle or tear people down. Seem's like there is alot of this going on in to many of the post's, on all forum topic's. If you cannot offer help in a mature adult like manor read the thread and move on. Posting stuff like this just make's people regret joining these forum's and ultimately the hobby.

My $.02, I used the RCscrew's as replacement's when I overhauled my slash 4x4. The biggest waste of money in my book. But that is just my opinion. To the OP, take your time. When I take screw's out I pull the new one's and set it with the old one's first to make sure I get the right size for the location. A quality set of hew wrench's is also key to easy teardown and rebuild. Good luck.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*