RC Racer

Important after-run maintenance?

As of right now, as long as it does not get wet or grassy I do not really do any after run maintenance to my slash 4x4. Is there any important maintenance that I should be doing? I really want to make sure that this slash is able to survive for at least a few years.

RC Qualifier
    Keep check on all the bearings. Check screws are all tight from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    Keep check on all the bearings. Check screws are all tight from time to time.

mainly, the bearing in the motor mount that the clutch and slipper rides on; those are quick to ware and fail. control arm and shock mount screws have a way of working themselves loose too
    fix, run, break, repeat

RC Racer
    All right thanks guys, will surely begin to do that.

Is there any other maintenance that I should be doing on a weekly or monthly basis?

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for this info guys. Now I just need to figure out where all of the bearings are... I would like to know about the weekly/monthly thing too. I KNOW that different people run their vehicles different ways. I want YOUR opinion on what YOU do to YOUR ride. No need to comment on what another person does or does not do. To each their own

RC Qualifier
    Also half shaft maintenance is essential. Watch a video on it (YouTube has a a good one from jang) It really is necessary to Keep suspension working properly.

I also check all the screws on my truck after a run. Sometimes I have top shock screws that back themselves out. I check the screws on my Mip X-Duty's. After I check all the screws I shake all the tires looking for excess play on the bearings. They're usually just fine. So then I put it up for the day.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM