RC Competitor

Slayer to Slayer Pro

Hey everyone! I recently received a thrashed beat up original Slayer in on a trade.
    I have since converted it to a Slayer Pro. Longer chassis and wider a-amrs. Rebuilt the transmission, new diffs, driveshafts, and wheel bearings, new slipper clutch, brakes, ect. Hurray for the bay! Lol! Also slammed in a new 3.3 powerplant. Sporting a 2.4ghz radio, 50w shock oil, Pro-Line Desert Rat body painted by myself as well as *cough!* Team Losi *cough!* Ten-T wheels & tires, and Integy aluminum skid plates. This thing is a blast! Let me know what you all think!

Front:

By mrblargman at 2011-02-20

Side:

Rear:

RC Enthusiast
    Glad to see that you transformed a perfectly good truck into a better one. I had to purchase mine new as i couldn't find one on ebay. Thank you for recycling and great job!
    Ultimate w/ lcg carbon fiber double chassis mod

Very, very nice!
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Its beautiful!
    Last edited by SilentWolv; 03-14-2011 at 01:37 PM.

RC Competitor
    Look nice, not a fan of the wheels, too much chrome for a baja imo, but i looks good!

RC poster
    Does anyone have a list of parts to convert the 1st gen Slayer to the current Slayer Pro?

RC Competitor
    The parts that absolutely must be used to convert your original Slayer to Slayer Pro are as follows:
    -Revo 3.3 Blue Chassis (same chassis as Slayer Pro)
    -Wider Slayer Pro A-Arms
    -Slayer Pro Center Drive Shafts

I am pretty sure that the rest is just direct transfer.
    Your turnbuckles will need to be lengthened to accomidate the wider A-Arms.

Feel free to ask anymore questions!

RC poster
    Seems pretty easy, revo chassis, Wider A-Arms and Center Drive Shafts, that's it. Oh yeah, and a body. Anything Else?

RC Competitor
    Sorry for the late reply.... I think that is about it... Like I said before, I converted mine. Replaced most of the vehicle for under $100 using eBay. Post any more specific questions if any! =)

RC poster
    Thanks for the info, just ordered all my parts from Tower to convert to the new version.

RC poster
    So along these lines, is it safe to say that all other "Slayer" aftermarket goodies fit the "Pro"?

RZ Rob

RC poster
    I would say so, but not totally sure yet. I ordered the new Body, Revo Blue Chassis, Slayer Pro A-Arms, Slayer Pro center drive shafts and just got them in today. I will try and transfer everything in the next week or so, so I will let you know.

RC poster
    It's a beast, man. It looks amazing. I wish I could do this kind of upgrade on mine, but I don't think I'd be able to pull it off at all, even if I had the parts sitting in front of me. So, all I can do is envy your machine.

RC poster
    By the way, what wheelset do you have on this? Is it possible to get this on an unmodified Slayer (not pro)?

RC Competitor
    The wheels and tires on my rig are from a Team Losi Ten-T truggy. Yes, the 14mm hex wheels will bolt right on to a stock Slayer or Slayer Pro

RC poster
    I just finished converting my old slayer to the slayer pro using the following parts:

5322X Revo Chassis
    5931X Front A-Arms Right
    5932X Front A-Arms Left
    5933X Rear A-Arms Right
    5934X Rear A-Arms Left
    5456 Center Front Drive Shaft
    5925 Mike Jenkins Slayer Pro Body

It took about 5 hours (cleaning included) to convert. The only other thing not mentioned by MrBlargMan was that I had to flip my steering servo and horn because of the longer Revo Chassis. Other than that it went without a hitch.

RC Competitor
    Scssurf! Glad you were able to make the conversion! Thanks for the info about the steering servo too! Enjoy the new stance of your vehicle and let 'er rip!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlargMan View Post
    The wheels and tires on my rig are from a Team Losi Ten-T truggy. Yes, the 14mm hex wheels will bolt right on to a stock Slayer or Slayer Pro
    Do you know if there are any other rims that may fit the 14mm hex on the Pro? The truggy wheels look great and I might take them into consideration when I'm just playing around at the track but I would like to stay with the short course class tires for racing. I can find plenty of options for short course tires but not too many rims.

RC Racer
    I haven't found any wheels that'll fit and putting 12mm hexes on isn't so simple. The axle itself is bigger, and so is the pin. Can't just drill out the hex to fit the axle. If I still had my mill I'd cut bigger slots, but I don't, so I can't. Wonder if I can convince a former employer to make a run of a few dozen 12mm hexes made specifically for the Slayer on the CNC mill. I could probably figure out a way to do a half dozen sets in one setup.
    Slash 4x4
    Slayer Pro
    Nitro 4-Tec 3.3

RC poster
    I'm new and think I might have missed the answer but if I had the new slayer pro, will those wheels fit it or do I need to modify something?

RC poster
    Anyone know the difference between chassis #5322x and #5907? I am buying the stuff for the upgrade, and both part numbers come up for Revo 3.3 blue chassis.

For the Revo/Slayer chassis there is 5322 and 5322x; the latter being the longer one that is found in the 3.3 Revo's and the newest Slayer. The 5907 you reference has the 5322x chassis. The older 5908 Slayer has the 2.5 (shorter) chassis.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Ok thanks! So 5907 IS the Slayer Pro as a RTR kit, but the chassis itself is a 5322x. I just got everything but a new body for $48 shipped on ebay!

RC poster
    Can any of you post a pic of how you set up your steering servo? I got all the PRO parts on, got the alignment fixed, but I can't figure out the steering.. maybe I'm just too close to the problem.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydeblue View Post
    Can any of you post a pic of how you set up your steering servo? I got all the PRO parts on, got the alignment fixed, but I can't figure out the steering.. maybe I'm just too close to the problem.
    I run dual steering servos in my Slayer Pro.... I will take pictures for you tomorrow. Make sure you have adjustable links for either one, or both sides of your steering linkage so that you can have it perfectly centered without using any of the trim settings on your radio.

RC poster
    Any luck with the pic? I got longer linkage from a revo but when the servo turns the tires the linkage hits the guard..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Sorry guys!!! Totally spaced the steering servo's picture. I'll make time to take one tomorrow when I have better lighting.

RC Competitor
    Rydeblue - Sorry for the week delay on this photo. I hope you already have taken care of your steering issue. I have been busy upgrading my Nitro Rustler from a Pro .15 to a TRX 3.3.... What a blast!!! But that is besides the point.

I have also since upgraded my Slayer Pro 4x4 with a Team Trinity TRX 3.3 Revo race pipe and header, a lightweight flywheel, a MotorSaver 3 stage air filter, and a serviceable in-line fuel filter! Wow! What a difference this exhaust makes (combined with the lighter flywheel?!)!!! It's sick!!! The Trinity pipe provides gobbs of low-end power combined with a highly menacing exhaust note (much louder and meaner than stock)!!! Still wraps out like crazy too thanks to the lighter flywheel!!!

Anyhow, back to Rydeblue. Here is the photo of my dual steering servo setup. I hope it helps! Thanks!

RC poster
    can someone give me the part #'s for the toe links and and turnbuckles, are they the 72mm ones?

RC poster
    After you guys changed to Slayer pro's did the cars drive different, handle different? Less prone to tipping?