New to the Slayer. going to get 2 soon

Hi guys

two friends of mine decided to buy 2 Slayers. i don't know anything about this short course trucks. what i'm sure of is that it's more rigid than the stadium trucks and that it hooked up with the same engine.

i need to know it's pros. & cons.

what should i expect to worn first ?
    any advises are welcome and appreciated in advance .

RC Racer
    Well I got my slayer because I loved the look of trophy trucks! I already had a revo so I figured it would be super easy for me to work on since they're pretty much the exact same thing.

I haven't had mine long enough to say all the pros and cons. Plus mine wasn't stock when I got it, bought it used for 350$.

But here is what it came with that I know of.
    -Picco 26 Max (Tuned rich)
    -THS Tuned Pipe and Header
    -Traxxas Sway Bars
    -Center Diff
    -Traxxas Rear Brake Kit
    -Traxxas 2075 Throttle Servo
    -15/38 Clutch bell/Spur gear
    -40 wt Shock oil
    -Traxxas Gold Springs in the front (3.8 Spring rate)
    -Traxxas Silver Springs in the back (4.9 Spring rate)
    Revo 2.5r, Slayer Pro 4x4 Picco .26 max.

RC Racer
    It came with pretty much everything I wanted. Besides the engine that was a huge plus.
    Sway bars, shock oil and springs is probably the 1st few things they would want to get.

Many thanks
    so it appears that this truck is tough enough that you cannot see any - at least - some cons?
    That would be one good news to my friends

Besides, your truck is really heavely moded specially with that engine and pipe.
    i got the same pipe and header on my jato too ... Perfect choice!

RC Racer
    Yeah it came with engine and pipe it goes man! before that I had a 2.5r Revo its almost double the amount of CC!

Cons humm it flips easier than my revo's long wheel base, the sway bars will help this never tried it without the sway bars.
    I did break a chunk of teeth on the steering servo when it flipped down my street lucky I had a spare broken 2055 servo and swapped the broken gear.
    It could use better tires but I'm just going to kill the stock ones then buy some that fits what I want to use it for. I'm thinking of the pro-line badlands.

I blew out the clutch bell bearings and clutch shoe/spring it was the stock 3.3 stuff and just bought a 3 shoe clutch kit is in the mail or being shipped right now. But that is probably because the Picco
    I did tons of research before I bought it and a lot of people here will say sway bars, shock oil and springs will help the most for the cost.

Then if stuff breaks go for RPM stuff if they have it.

RC Champion
    The truck is really pretty tough straight out of the box, it has large shock absorbing bumpers, and the large body really protects the chassis too.
    Really fast too, I hardly ever drive full throttle for very long haha.
    +1 on the badlands, they're a really good upgrade, check out my thread if you want to see some pics of them mounted on a Slayer. "Mounting Tires (Proline Badlands)".
    Matthew 7:7

litterly all i did to mine which i bought used was put 50wt oil in the shocks and play with the preload on them. get a paint marker and mark zero so you know if it gets bumped, it helps alot. just with that it handles way better alone, next step for me is im going to put revo push rods, a arms, turnbuckles, and axles to make the tires stick way out and be pretty much unflipable on flat ground. stock they like to traction flip alot. which is really the only con. only things ive ever broken after beating the heck out of my slayer pro was an axle carrier after sliding sideways into a curb at about 40mph, and antenna tubes.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    Will do!

Yeah that whole design is pretty sturdy. The only thing so far on my revo I broke was the drive gears in the transmission, Spur gear, wire harness for the EZ start and exhaust coupler. *knock on wood* My friends revo he just bent the suspension link, blew out the one way bearing on the EZ start wire harness for it too, spur gear, Blew his reverse gear out so Foward Conversion only now and header broke. We drive them hard but have control of them.

That's pretty much it except for glow plugs lol

that's really a tons of info ! Thanks a lot guys
    when my friends got it hear i'll be sure to upload a video .