Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My tmaxx build

RC Champion
    Ahh I came to the conclusion it's defiantly a lot cheaper to build a truck from the ground up if your lookin to upgrade alot

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyleb View Post
    Ahh I came to the conclusion it's defiantly a lot cheaper to build a truck from the ground up if your lookin to upgrade alot
    I gotta agree with that!

My plan is to build a second truck out of the parts I've removed/upgraded off my original maxx. I've already bought a chassis plate and rebuilt my blown up 3.3 to get started with.
    07 700 SE
    03/04 660
    85 FL350
    86 V65
    78 Z50

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 454_72_4x4 View Post
    I gotta agree with that!

My plan is to build a second truck out of the parts I've removed/upgraded off my original maxx. I've already bought a chassis plate and rebuilt my blown up 3.3 to get started with.
    Yes indeed looks like you spent as much on upgrades as you did your truck....... What happens when you have to upgrade the socond one... It's a vicious circle

RC Racer
    I'm just gonna sell the second one. LOL That's the plan anyway.

(I'm workin on my mod list to post in my basher thread.) Nah, most of my mod parts came from ebay either used or waited for decent deals on the new stuff.
    07 700 SE
    03/04 660
    85 FL350
    86 V65
    78 Z50

RC Champion
    Yea what pipe did you use for your picco. Looks like the stock header and coupler

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by revomaxx2223 View Post
    Well the resonators are pretty good all rounders.

As for the Jp series pipes fitting without mods, here are side by side pictures of the resonator next to it.

The resonator

It looks like they have about the same dimensions. The pipe in the first picture is the jp3 by the way.
    I'd guess that jp3 won't fit. The header part isn't going to clear the rear shock tower. I had the same problem with my dynamite 053 pipe. I ended up using the stock 3.3 header with the 053 expansion chamber.
    07 700 SE
    03/04 660
    85 FL350
    86 V65
    78 Z50

RC Champion
    Oh yea ic how it has that bend. I don't think I could use that pipe anyway. It has springs instead of couplers

RC Racer
    The dynomite pipe has springs too. I just didn't use 'em LOL The stock 3.3 silicone exhaust coupler fits on pretty good. Had to stretch it a little and it went on.
    07 700 SE
    03/04 660
    85 FL350
    86 V65
    78 Z50

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 454_72_4x4 View Post
    I'd guess that jp3 won't fit. The header part isn't going to clear the rear shock tower. I had the same problem with my dynamite 053 pipe. I ended up using the stock 3.3 header with the 053 expansion chamber.
    Now that i think of it, the header does look too big. I'm sure there are some modifications to make it fit.
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC Champion
    Well guys I read some reviews on AB mods and just coul not resist. I cancelled my order through great hobbies on the picco max and I am ordering one from AB mods tonight with a RACE MOD done to it

RC Qualifier
    What? Can I have a link to that site?

RC Champion

RC Champion
    I decided to go with the BUKU 3 shoe clutch, ofna 086 big block pipe and the .26 picco JL
    Red dot with the DRAG MOD from AB mods, this should be interesting

RC Qualifier
    Wow abmods has a pretty flashy website!

RC Champion
    Some goodies were waiting for me when I got home. My buku 3 shoe clutch and my ofna 086 bb pipe
    Will not be long before the modded picco gets in

RC Champion
    Change the game, don't let the game change you.

RC Champion
    Well I was doing some reading and some people have had trouble with this picco red dot stripping gears in the diff and the tranny. Does anyone think the modded picco might strip gears? Should I upgrade RRP gears?

I would run what you got till it has an issue then upgrade as needed.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    Ok thanks, I only have a week t home with this thing and it takes a week to get parts. Just disent wanna be stuck with a Brocken truck

RC Champion

Awe yeaaah look what came in. Break in tomorrow !!!!
    Change the game, don't let the game change you.

RC Champion
    Well the flywheel nut for my buku clutch does not fit on the crankshaft of the red dot. It's only a 6mm nut and the shaft has a 7x1mm pitch. Does my one know of a good clutch that will work, what puzzles me is that the buku clutch is supposed to fit the picco max. Any chance that Adam would have switched cranks?

Well the flywheel nut for my buku clutch does not fit on the crankshaft of the red dot. It's only a 6mm nut and the shaft has a 7x1mm pitch. Does my one know of a good clutch that will work, what puzzles me is that the buku clutch is supposed to fit the picco max. Any chance that Adam would have switched cranks?
    Traxxas does not support Buku, Picco or ABMods. So we can not answer that question on this site.

On this site you can ask what will work on a Traxxas RC as far as parts and engines, but as far as supporting those parts and engines you need to refer back to the company that makes them OR another forum.

Please follow these guidelines or this thread will be locked or deleted.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 08-21-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: additional information
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Champion
    Well my savox servo just quit working. What are you guys using or recconend for a hi tourque servo in the $80 range?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by revomaxx2223 View Post
    Well the resonators are pretty good all rounders.

As for the Jp series pipes fitting without mods, here are side by side pictures of the resonator next to it.

The resonator

It looks like they have about the same dimensions. The pipe in the first picture is the jp3 by the way.
    I know this post is over 2 months old but I don't want someone reading it and getting the wrong info. These pictures are not to scale. The JP-3 is about 2 inches longer than the Resonator.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Qualifier
    Well my savox servo just quit working. What are you guys using or recconend for a hi tourque servo in the $80 range?
    How long have you had it? If you have a receipt and its been less than a year, contact Joey at savox and ask about warranty replacement. Just shipped mine back yesterday. I even took it apart to see inside. He didnt care. He said send it back in pieces.
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Champion
    I live had it for 2 months. Only has a hour use. No receipt so they can't help me

I live had it for 2 months. Only has a hour use. No receipt so they can't help me
    Call & ask anyway as you just never know, the worse they can say is no & you have nothing to lose.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    Did you get it off ebay? That is where mine was from. I contacted the seller and let them know I was looking into a warranty replacement but must have a receipt. He emailed me one same day. I then called Joey at 1-855-76SAVOX. He told me what to do. I then shipped it

ATTN: JOEY
    Savox USA
    2371 South 3600 West
    West Valley City, Utah 84119

Do what you wish, but it is worth a try. You have nothing to lose. Even if you want to upgrade still, It'd be nice to have a spare Savox sc-0251mg laying around for back up.

Like I said I was amazed he still honored warranty with it apart. I told him I took it apart to see if it was something I could simply fix, but unable. I was for sure it would void warranty. But no, he said just ship it back to him even apart still.
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Champion
    Ok thanks anyways baby but I did call but have no receipt so they can't help.
    It's only a $40 servo

AnyOne have any suggestions on a good servo that is not savox?

RC Champion
    Just ordered the ERCM bb pipe !!
    Still need a new servo tho

RC Champion
    Got the ERCm 221t bb pipe
    Mounted up taking her out right now to see how she performs

RC Champion
    Got the ERCm 221t bb pipe
    Mounted up taking her out right now to see how she performs

RC Champion
    All I can say is wow. This pipe makes a huge difference. Out of the 2 gallons of nitro I've burn in the parking lot today was the first time I got a noise complaint. This pipe makes a huge difference in power. I couldn't keep it off it's lid. It's a good thing up mounting up a UE thunder chassis soon.

Man does he make some good lookin pipes or what!

I'm still gathering the needed parts to put my Thunder chassis together, how are you planning to set yours up?

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    He sure does make sOme nice pipes. I talked to robin at UE and for the chassis to work you need 2 5mm drive cups 2 6mm drive cups and the 100.5 mm dogbone for the rear and the 57.5mm for the front
    He said he also makes a SB and BB engine mount for the chassis too. Gunna
    Need some longer hardware too! R u doing a Big block build wild man?

For the moment I plan to make an adapter plate to run my SB till decide which/who's BB to go with, kinda leaning to the LRP .28, but I'm not in a huge hurry ATM.

I do need to get an order together for what I need from him, just need the coin.

I've still go to get more hardware too as what I have has dwindled to next to nill & I want all new hardware to go into it.

Still need to make throttle servo mounts & some new shocktowers too.

I have been thinkin about going to the 4908/07 trany & cut down the output shafts as needed to make it fit w/the 4909 brakes & 6mm cups all the way around.
    My thinking is to take advantage of the Mod1 spurs so when I do switch over to a BB, I can stick to using a BB clutch without a lot of hassle.

I did snag some 95% mint 2nd gen Wide Trac arms for a sweet deal too.

I have most of the build planned out, just have to finish up the details & get to buildin.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    I've seen the UE servo posts on eBay for like
    $10. Do you know if there's anything else needed to mount it up
    Make sure you post up some pics or a build thread when you decide to start

Have you gotten yourself a good hi torq servo yet? If not, I would suggest a Hitec 7955tg. It's around $100, maybe a bit more, but worth it. With all else you have on the truck, especially if you go with a Thunder chassis, go with a better proven servo.
    Either you are the Predator or you are the prey

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tphill View Post
    Have you gotten yourself a good hi torq servo yet? If not, I would suggest a Hitec 7955tg. It's around $100, maybe a bit more, but worth it. With all else you have on the truck, especially if you go with a Thunder chassis, go with a better proven servo.
    Yea I cracked and got another $40 0251- savox servo That hitec sure is powerfull

RC Champion
    What do you guys use to polish aluminum to make it shiny. One thing I'm polishing is used and scratched up and the other is new