Thread: Finally!!!

RC Racer

Finally!!!

Wow, I'm still in shock, I got the T Maxx off the workbench long enough to give it a test run today and it works and nothing else broke or went wrong (this is a first!!!).

Now it's all about learning how to tune it properly, I on my 8th tank with my new 3.3 engine. To me it seems to be running a little to hot, every time I look at my iPhone and check the telemetry it seems to be around 270 or so. But here is the problem the iPhone also says the car is going 12 mph when it is sitting still. So obviously something is not calibrated properly? What temp should I be running at? Next time out I'm going to run it with out the lid and get some wind on it, also I will hit it will my digital laser thermometer and see what is has to say?

How do I know it the shift point is correct?

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    temps, id use a temp gun for it, 220 to 260 max is what i do.... the shift point is totally up to you when you want it, just dont have it set so the engine is at max rpm's when it shifts, also be sure to completely get your tune how you want it before messing with the shift point cause itll change as you tune... leaner itll shift sooner, richer itll shift later....
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Qualifier
    Yeah 270 is a tad high, richen it slightly to help cool it down. Make sure body is vented. You're shift point should be towards the mid to upper power band, but not so high it lingers before it shifts.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by damunster56 View Post
    Wow, I'm still in shock, I got the T Maxx off the workbench long enough to give it a test run today and it works and nothing else broke or went wrong (this is a first!!!).

Now it's all about learning how to tune it properly, I on my 8th tank with my new 3.3 engine. To me it seems to be running a little to hot, every time I look at my iPhone and check the telemetry it seems to be around 270 or so. But here is the problem the iPhone also says the car is going 12 mph when it is sitting still. So obviously something is not calibrated properly? What temp should I be running at? Next time out I'm going to run it with out the lid and get some wind on it, also I will hit it will my digital laser thermometer and see what is has to say?

How do I know it the shift point is correct?
    here a vid I did last year on tuning.I was still at touch lean on my low speed needle in this vid you can hear the motor holding alittle high rpm still it stops for a few seconds.when you left off the throttle even if the truck is moving it should come right down to a idle.http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...s(my-thoughts)