RC Enthusiast

Beadlock wheels and glueing

Wondering if the actual tire glue is much better than using regular old super glue, I've got proline epic beadlocks / proline switch tires and the beads always pull out every run or two, even on the fronts.

I tried using cheap superglue which worked good for the NIMH but not since I just got a 3s LiPo and it took about 1 speed run for the bead to start pulling out. I wouldn't be suprised if I just have to baby it more now if tires are an issue. Just looking to see people opinions on the glues. Or maybe someone makes a better bead style or if I should just go back to pure glue mount tires.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    You kind of have the RC gods against you. First, the Epics were notorious for having trouble keeping tires on at speed. Second, the power of 3S can make it difficult to keep the best tire/wheel combos together. Search out some threads about taping your foams to keep them from expanding at speed and I'd try some proper tire glue. I had a set of those wheels and I quit using them on my speeders because the tires would not stay on them. I used them on one of my crawlers and then the hexes started to slip. Not one of Pro-Line's best products. Perhaps others can help....
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Enthusiast
    I just beat the stock traxxas tires to death with factory glue with no issues. Not pretty and garbage on dirt but does the job.

Taping the foam however, didn't think of that. I notice I have a set of aggressive nub tires I used that stayed on the epic bead and they have no foam in them with dollar store super glue.
    Last edited by Vakivalta; 04-06-2012 at 09:17 PM.

RC Champion
    if you dont glue your tires right then they can come off. i have brushless and 3s and i havent had an issue yet.

RC Racer
    just wondering is it the same for the split six tires cause i have those and i might go lipo soon and i dont want my tires falling off everyrun and i just do off road bashing

RC Enthusiast
    where did u buy them?
    I like

RC Champion
    I have been using the proline split six beadlocks with paddles for the Glamis dune weekends and Gladiators for the track at home. I use 2s most of the time but on occasion run 3s, and no tire issues yet. I like the beadlocks....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I don't known what they did differently to the split sixes verses the epics, but everybody, it seems has problems with the epics and the split sixes hold up fine to brushless power.

RC Enthusiast
    I just get my stuff off ebay, tons of proline wheels on there always.

RC Champion
    Yeah, if you're patient, there is always a deal to be had on ebay. If its just a bit more, I'll spend an extra buck and get it from my local hobby shop. They're good to me and almost always give me ten percent off on my purchases. Once I move, though, I fear most of my purchases will be on the net because I don't think there will be a decent hobby shop within 45 minutes. Gas sure isn't getting cheaper.....

RC Racer
    and the differents between the epics and the split sixes are the epics are 2.2 rims and the split six are 2.2/2.8 which helps keep the hold on the tires