RC Competitor

Question BEST gears/pinion for FASTER bashing

hey guys n girls, just wanted to know wot you thought the best gears and pinion for the fastest bashing i can get.. not really into doing just speed runs but do love to rip it up and open the throttle from time to time, at the moment im running 6s 5000 mah 25c traxxas batts with stock 18 pinion but a 54t gear and extra fan on the motor no problems with temps. wot can i change?? FASTER BASHING WANTED DUE TO FRIENDS PURCHESSING E REVOS AND LOTS OF TALK OF COMIN AND BEATING ME ON OUR HOME MADE TRACK..cant have that. thanks

RC Champion
    Well the first thing to realize is you need to keep air moving over your motor when running 6s. Cut some holes out of the front and rear windshield to cool your motor down. Hopefully you already have a fan on the motor, but the closed body shell is really what hinders air flow.

Next thing to remember, your running surface (tight track vs open field) will determine how much gearing you need. If you run on a track i would try out 18/54 first. You might even need to gear shorter (slower) or change your voltage to 4s if you are over powering the small track.

A little bit of toe in on the rear and toe out on the front will help the truck tremendously on the track.

Keep the pushrods in the middle holes and you shouldn't flip in the turns at all. If you are doing big jumps then you could move them to the inside holes and adjust the spring preload. Just don't get it too high up there or you will roll a lot.

Just like any race, you want to make sure your vehicle is tuned correctly or you won't have a chance.
    Last edited by anr2442; 04-03-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Competitor
    got holes in the body already.. and fan on the motor, and as i said before im already runnin 18/54.. thanks for you input but you obviously never read the whole thread as i said wot im runnin and would like to change the 18/54..lol tanks tho

RC Competitor
    sorry i should of said,, ive got all rpm upgrades front/rear, and sway bars front/rear , all upgraded pushrods and rocker arms, steel drive shafts all through, acer ceramic ball bearings, alloy diff cup, cen racing heavy duty slipper with 6 pads, proline tires/wheels 1/2inch offset, custom body with holes cut for air flow, extra fan on motor,and temp gauge and ive been runnin 18/54 on 6s 5000mah 25c, and mostly run on gravel and stone tarmac with a lil run on short grass from time to time and ive had no problems with heat issues even runnin back to back 6s runs... can i get faster

RC Qualifier
    I run 19/68 on 6s and have no heat problems running Losi truggy tires (about 5.5" tall). Here is a video I took when I first went 6s. I mostly run offroad but some onroad to:

Rustler|Brushless Losi XXL

Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    I read your initial post but missed the one part about a fan. It just threw me off reading the run on sentences.
    My answer was very specific and related to running on a track. My suggestions was to stay 18/54 for the first time on the track. You are likely pushing 55mph already.

Now if you plan on bashing as well in the same day then i would take 5 minutes and switch gearing AFTER running on a track.

In the past I ran 20/54 with 3.2 Mashers, no body, and two fans without overheating on 6s. I was not racing around a track though. Track is so much harder on the electronics without any breaks inbetween usually.

So what proline tires are you running?
    Last edited by anr2442; 04-03-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Competitor
    Thanks man, I can't rem the name of my tires but I will try to post a pic

I hope these pics come out ok .. I changed the gear to 18/50 ? Is this ok and is it faster than 18/54? Thanks man

RC Competitor

RC Competitor