RC Qualifier

lookin for a black chassis for my 4x4 slash

say im lookin for a black chassis for my 4x4 slash... i thought i seen them out there just cant locate them ???? any idea where or how i can get one.... thanks
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!!!!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    they donīt come in black, you have to dye it.

RC Qualifier
    Get some RIT Dye at your local craft store, follow the directions and you have a custom dyed chassis. you can really do any color you wanted too.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    Yep, I just dyed my chassis black. Came out pretty awesome. Just get a disposable aluminum turkey pan and a box of RIT dye. Boil enough water to cover your chassis, dump it in the pan, add dye, stir and soak your chassis for about an hour, you'll be good to go.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Qualifier
    Has anyone tried to dye theirs a nice blue color? My wife loves the color blue (I got a blue Stampede just so she would like it more) and the more I can get her to like the hobby the more I can get to spend without getting heat =). Also, the black parts already on the body can they be dyed blue?

I saw where someone actually tried to dye theirs black and it came out a really dark blue. That is not what I am looking for. Looking to dye it more of a blue color that the Stampede comes in. Not the darker almost black blue.

RC Qualifier
    The issue with dying something that is gray to begin with is that if you don't dye it something dark like black or dark blue, you will get a mixture of gray and whatever color you dyed it. For example, I saw someone dye theirs orange and it came out more a brown. Supposedly there is stuff out there that will kind of bleach the gray and lighten it up before you apply lighter colors. I can't speak for how well that works though.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC poster
    you can get pre-dyed chassis' on ebay. js

RC Qualifier
    there are some white parts (very few)at rpm that you can dye( shock guards) dont think i have seen too many white parts out there. but i have to say thank you to dsanders for the how to been wanting to do that to my chassis. i like this forum so much info