RC Racer

Came really close to selling my slash 4x4

This weekend I came so close to selling my slash 4x4 but after I thought about it more and ran the numbers it was not worth it. I have about a grand in my slash, the most I could get for it is about $600. I was selling it to start a 1/8 buggy project.

I came to my senses at the last minute and decided to sell one of my rustlers instead to fun the project.

Anyone here have experience with 1/8 buggys, how do they compare to the slash?

RC Qualifier
    man I've been tossing the idea around for the past week or so of selling my Slash, but after the RPM, MIP, new VXL system, new Raptor body, aluminum upgrades, KingHeadz, and time that I've put into it, I'm beginning to change my mind knowing how much I'll be giving up I was going to sell it to fund a new project, a quad copter and maybe a 2wd basher, but now I'm just thinking about keeping it and getting the funds elsewhere and just building the other projects slowly

what about just turning the Slash into a Backslash?
    fix, run, break, repeat

RC Competitor
    Do you plan on racing?

HTC Rezound rockin the BAMF!

RC Racer
    No racing, I just realized that most of my driving consists of high speed bashing and jumps and with the lower center of gravity the on the 1/8 I could push it a little more.

I also like that I could run up to 6s on the 1/8, I currently only run 4s on my slash and I pay the price in broken and stripped parts. A backslash would still have the high center of gravity and all the driveline problems associated with a high power slash.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by robgdds View Post
    Anyone here have experience with 1/8 buggys, how do they compare to the slash?
    1/8 buggy is a racing machine, the slash would be like a pick up truck..I love the buggys they are awesome, not matter how you jump they land like a cat, great handling, crazy fast.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 04-03-2012 at 08:44 AM.

I think you made the right decision. You cannot get your money out of rc cars. You put lots of money into them and can only sell them for about half of what they are worth. From my experience people are reluctant to buy a used product that costs more than new. They always say i could just buy a new one but then they'd habe to upgrade it. Oh well, it is, what it is.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I just bought a Slash 4x4 Ultimate with a ton of upgrades for $450. It did not come with a controller but did come with a box of spare parts still in the bag. Plus while I was there he wound up giving a bunch of spare parts for other 1/10th scale stuff that had nothing to do with the Slash. He was getting out of 1/0th and 1/8th and getting into 1/5th.

RC Racer
    here a pic of my slash converted to a 1/8 Buggy