Hybrid View

RC Competitor

The backslash!!!!!!!!

okay so i want to turn my rwd slash into a backslash what are all the parts i will need for this? and how much will it cost me in the end?

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I'm not sure that there is an official set of parts that you need to build an "official" backSLash, unless you're consulting with TheJang. (Unofficial creator of the BackSlash and much-heralded RC guru) Basically, you need a wing, some buggy or truggy wheels on 17mm hexes, and a buggy body. Kyosho 777 body works good. Lose the bumpers and front body mounts and mount the wing on the rear posts.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Competitor
    How should I mount the body on the front then?

RC Competitor
    Oh and how do the 17mm hexes work?

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    With my front mount I used two of the posts that the battery holder sits on. I believe screwed them into the chassis and just used body clips. The hexes are just larger than the 12mm ones that the Slash uses. Most buggy wheels are 17mm, that's all. Just google 17mm slash hex adapters and you'll find some. Don't get Integy ones, though; they don't hold up. I got customs on ebay, but there are many companies that make them now. Look up TheJang or backslash on this or the URC forums and you'll get ideas....

RC Champion
    Here's a link to some pics of mine.....

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...r-my-BackSlash

RC Champion
    Oh and after looking at this thread I realized that my post about the way I mounted the front of the body was wrong. I used 4Tec front body posts.....sorry for any confusion. I used the other posts to mount my chassis cover on my current slash.

It's the cover at the bottom of the first page....

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...s-now-complete!!
    Last edited by MAXXXMASHER; 04-03-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: who wants to know??

I recommend STRC 17mm hexes. Buy cheap buggy tires of suprasales on ebay.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    i want the kyosho 777 body but im scared to paint it myself... i dont want to mess it up.

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California

Broken parts=New better parts

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by nunster View Post

okay so with the 5th picture down what did you use for that mount??

RC Competitor
    i have just figured out that the crowd pleazer body has been discontinued and they no longer make it.

RC Qualifier
    I used a flat peice of plastic that was a devider from a parts or tackle box and a tall body mount. From what I don't know any longer. I just use the vehicle breakdown diagrams to find part numbers. Say if you think you know the stampede has the part you want. Go to support on the traxxas home page and look up the break down diagram or exploded views for the pede and find the part number and use that number in the search box at A Main Hobbies, Tower Hobbies, traxxas-parts.com or your local hobby shop.
    So I just use a tall body mount I found and cut it to length I wanted and drilled a hole in the bottom so I could screw it to the peice of plastic I cut to fit.
    Another thing I did was that I lowered the servo so I could get the body mounted as low as possible. And use a aluminum bandit style front tower. No cross bar to get in the way then. It looks so much better than all those backslashes with the nose sticking up across the stock front shock tower.

RC Competitor
    yeah and im guessing you also got the crowd pleazer body??

RC Qualifier
    Nunster what wing mount did you use?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    It has been so long ago I put this together I am not sure. I think it is an ofna. So search under ofna wing mounts and see if one of them looks like mine.
    Body I am pretty sure it is a 777 crowd pleazer
    I have found that the wing puts a lot of stress on the tower when it flips over. So I did this below. Took 90% of the tower flex out.

RC Qualifier
    Check out a topic I started a few months ago (Backslash how to). You could find it in my profile. I included pics and (to the best of my ability) how to instructions.
    Keep in mind, im no expert! I based mine off the original but tweaked a few things.
    Backslash Or Bust!

RC Qualifier
    I think the only body you can find is the Proline Crowdpleazer II for Kyo 777. (same thing as original).
    Backslash Or Bust!