RC Competitor

Spur gear slipper

How tight should the spur gear be. After running my truck the other day the clutch seems to be engaged all the time. I checked the clutch bell and it turns easily. the spur gear was tight and I couldnt turn the spur gear and hold the back plate in place. I have had the truck for about 3-4 years and never have had any troubles with it, well except the usually watch out for the mail box type of stuff.
    4 Maxx
    1 Slayer
    1 Jato
    1 Ralley
    1 Rustler

RC Racer
    Ah man I can't remember exactly but for mine I made my slipper pretty tight it will slip with decent of force, but will slip if I put a small screw driver in the hole by the front of the transmission where you lock it when you tighten and loosen the spur gear/slipper clutch and it will slip if I try to spin the spur, but is pretty tight/hard to make it slip.
    So you want it on the tighter side if your on loose ground but high traction you want it a bit looser.
    I'll try to find a video on youtube that I used.
    Revo 2.5r, Slayer Pro 4x4 Picco .26 max.

RC Racer
    Skip to about 7mins in the video

RC Competitor
    I might take the bell off and check out the clutch to make sure its ok. The truck as soon as you start it wants to take off, throttle at an idle. It use to sit still but now to keep it from going I have to apply the brakes.
    4 Maxx
    1 Slayer
    1 Jato
    1 Ralley
    1 Rustler

RC Competitor
    Well took the bell off and the spring was broke inside. Had to rob it out of a Maxx I was rebuilding but we are back to 100 percent.
    4 Maxx
    1 Slayer
    1 Jato
    1 Ralley
    1 Rustler

RC Racer
    Ah yeah those clutches RAWR lol
    I just bought a 3 shoe clutch it's being shipped right now! Hopefully my picco wont kill this clutch too.