Thread: overheating

RC Competitor

overheating

I bought a slash 4x4 and found out with my 3s lipo my motor and esc is getting very hot within ten mins of running time i got a motor fin with cooling fan/ plus a fan for my esc. but its still shutting down into fifteen mins. i know i could go down to a 2s lipo but im racing off road. My question is would changing my gears a lil help on the over heating??

thanks for the help...

RC Champion
    What gears are you running now? A lower gear ratio is always going to run cooler.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Competitor
    im still stock with my gears.. 13/52. would a 11 or 9 pinion gear do? thanks

RC Champion
    get an integy heatsink with fan, it helps, how long do you run your truck for? and since your racing on road, the tires are constantly spinning, so that results in overheating.
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Competitor
    yeah i have a heatsink on my esc and motor. im mostly on a dirt track with stock tires. my run time is ten to fifteen mins. with a 3s lipo. i switched over to a 2s lipo but i dont have that extra puch like i do with my 3s. so i was thinking of doing some kinda gear changing to help.
    just-in-case

RC Champion
    possibly a motor change, if you do, i recommend the 2400 mamba max sct by castle! great setup, dont have to worry about heat anymore and you can gear it to the moon!
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Competitor
    yeah i was looking at the mamba max.. i was just hoping i could do something to help before i go out and upgrade into a new motor and esc.. thanks traxxas FTW
    just-in-case