Thread: slash 4x4

RC Competitor

slash 4x4

I bought a slash 4x4 and found out with my 3s lipo my motor and esc is getting very hot within ten mins of running time i got a motor fin with cooling fan/ plus a fan for my esc. but its still shutting down into fifteen mins. i know i could go down to a 2s lipo but im racing off road. My question is would changing my gears a lil help on the over heating??

thanks for the help...

RC Champion
    Post this in the slash 4x4 section, you'll get a lot more help and responses!
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC poster
    Yes if you go to a smaller pinion it should help some. a smaller pinion is good for short course racings slows peed start and stop.
    A larger pinion is for high speed straight shot or oval racing.
    If by chance your running bigger tires than stock that will also heat things up.
    Hope this helps.
    J.R.

RC poster
    heres a little hint i found out the hard way, the bigger the tire , the heavier the tire. bigger tires mean that there is more...going mathy herebut, circumference of the tire that the motor has to run and heavier tires mean that it has to get them moving......lighter tires=faster takeoff/smaller top speed... heavier tires is more for tourque takeoff/higher mid range speed. whats easier to throw a rock the size of your fist or one the size of a car???