RC Racer

Price On The Tree?!

Just wondering if anyone's found out exactly how much the tree will cost?! Im not really thrilled with the funny car itself but i em thrilled with the timing tree and i hope its not to expensive, currently a standard tree set up i think runs into the 2G price tag which is nuts

But if traxxas is mass producing it HOPEFULLY the price will be much cheaper thus allowing dragracing to become more main stream. Has anyone seen the prices anywhere?

RC poster
    List price on the DTA is $350.00, You should see it at the LHS for about $220.

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas list it as part# 6570, called a DTS-1, includes the tree, console, 6 reflectors, and detailed instructions, with a msrp of $199.99. That came from the Traxxas website.

RC poster
    Will the timing system support 132 Feet RC drag racing ???? at our events we race 10th scale Q-miles racing 10th scale 8th scale and quarter scale cars.

Mark

RC Racer
    Good question, i personally em not interested in 132 even tho that's the standard 10th scale length i think 330 feet is perfect for RC cars

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamizFinest View Post
    Just wondering if anyone's found out exactly how much the tree will cost?! Im not really thrilled with the funny car itself but i em thrilled with the timing tree and i hope its not to expensive, currently a standard tree set up i think runs into the 2G price tag which is nuts

But if traxxas is mass producing it HOPEFULLY the price will be much cheaper thus allowing dragracing to become more main stream. Has anyone seen the prices anywhere?
    Funny!!

I like the funny car and dont care for the tree. I run every Saturday night on a pro tree so this set does noting for me..

RC Qualifier
    the suggested selling price on the traxxas web site says $499

?
    I like turtles.

Thats for the Car
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    im not thrilled with the car honestly because it looks very heavy compared to what the standard weight and size of these cars usually are, i do love the fact its bringing drag racing more main stream since 99% of the kits out there are so few and usually EXTREMELY expensive for what they are.

There is no rc drag racing in miami anymore, which is crazy that there isnt.......we have salt flats type racing

Quote Originally Posted by westoakmech View Post
    Traxxas list it as part# 6570, called a DTS-1, includes the tree, console, 6 reflectors, and detailed instructions, with a Suggested Selling Price of $199.99. That came from the Traxxas website.
    Correct with that one little modification.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Price View Post
    Will the timing system support 132 Feet RC drag racing ???? at our events we race 10th scale Q-miles racing 10th scale 8th scale and quarter scale cars.

Mark
    "Race any distance up to 330 feet - a quarter mile in 1/4 scale!"
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    thats sick! so happy they came out with the car

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Thats for the Car
    oh I get it now. I thought "price on the tree" was some slang for street price :l

The tree is the starting line lights :l
    I like turtles.

RC Qualifier
    I wish they made it longer like at least for an 1/8th mile. My XO-1 already had traction problems on the stock setup during the first 330 feet.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Enthusiast
    While reading the Info on this timing, tree setup I was liking it a lot, evan at $350 bucks. But in the asterisk's I see that more parts are needed & (sold separately) to get the race time, reaction time, and trap speeds.
    On top of the DTS-1's $350 you still need to purchase -
    (a) Transmitter Docking Base to get & read the race information. - $70
    (b) optional plug-in Wifi connectivity module to send race info to your transmitter - $?? Havn't found cost info yet.

Cost of car ($499)
    Battery for car (one not included) battery of choice ($ up to you)
    Race tree system ($350)
    Docking base $(70)
    Plugin wifi module ($ unknown)

I've changed my mind about not only about getting the tree system but also the 2 cars (min) I was going to purchase. Additional parts required to get full functionallity. (no thanks)

"sent to your transmitter" of course being the idevice for timing feedback real time.

Cool feature, but yeah the extras are adding up already lol.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    I only care about the tree, ill build my own dragster with this great looking tree plus lets be realistic how many, 4tecs, XO-1,Jato's, Rustlers, Revos and other brand cars can u see lining up on this tree!? ALL OF THEM.

I see this tree, and the rustlers and jatos becoming close friends!

Me, ill be throwing my buggies against anything that pulls up at the tree!

BTW the release date is pretty far back??? according to the traxxas site its looking like mid june?! Kinda weird of traxxas to do that considering the funny car specifically is worthless with out the tree!?.....Hopefully they bump up the date!

RC Enthusiast
    The only part you would need is the wifi module if you already have the TQI system. The only reason you would have to buy everything is if you own a car without the TQI setup, in which case you will need the rest. I wouldn't give up so soon, especially if you were planning on buying the funny cars, they include all the needed items, except for the wifi module which I am still trying to find info on as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by NvTwist View Post
    While reading the Info on this timing, tree setup I was liking it a lot, evan at $350 bucks. But in the asterisk's I see that more parts are needed & (sold separately) to get the race time, reaction time, and trap speeds.
    On top of the DTS-1's $350 you still need to purchase -
    (a) Transmitter Docking Base to get & read the race information. - $70
    (b) optional plug-in Wifi connectivity module to send race info to your transmitter - $?? Havn't found cost info yet.

Cost of car ($499)
    Battery for car (one not included) battery of choice ($ up to you)
    Race tree system ($350)
    Docking base $(70)
    Plugin wifi module ($ unknown)

I've changed my mind about not only about getting the tree system but also the 2 cars (min) I was going to purchase. Additional parts required to get full functionallity. (no thanks)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The only thing that could have made this so frickin cool I'd be forced to go buy it......

Is if the finish line reported the trap speed as well. Then we could use it for top speed testing too. My buddies and I already like lining our cars up for short drag races.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post

With 1/8 dragsters
    Little help!)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by End0ver View Post
    With 1/8 dragsters
    ummmmmmmmm

.... plus lets be realistic how many, 4tecs, XO-1,Jato's, Rustlers, Revos and other brand cars can u see lining up on this tree!? ALL OF THEM.
    I'm with Miami on this one, that tree is just plain cool. Its not cool because of the drag car, its a cool product in its own right.

I have no plans on purchasing the drag car, but that tree sounds so cool.

RC Enthusiast
    I was getting at the scale of the trees being 1/4 scale and the dragster being 1/8. Seems like there is some numbers there that don't match?
    Little help!)

Quote Originally Posted by End0ver View Post
    I was getting at the scale of the trees being 1/4 scale and the dragster being 1/8. Seems like there is some numbers there that don't match?
    I think it matches just fine. The way I read it the timing set up is adjustable so you can use it for any distance up to what would be a 1/4 mile for a 1/4 scale car or any distance less than that.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    You do need the tqi to get times and what not but at least the tree system will tell you who wins.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Jeremy

RC poster
    That is really great to know, Thank you. I really hope to see more racers at our race events. i will be purchasing one of those babies, Will the bodies be available (clear) unpainted??

MPRacing

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post

Last edited by Mark Price; 04-09-2012 at 09:39 AM.

RC poster
    It's not worthless, check some of the drag-sites there could be some drag racing going near you they may have a timing system. We race and T & T in New Jersey on Sundays every weekend. There are a few of my friend that are planning on getting Traxxas FC's we race a lot of different kinds of cars I'm a nitro guy but most of my buddies have JATO'S, and other traxxas cars.
    MPRacing

I only care about the tree, ill build my own dragster with this great looking tree plus lets be realistic how many, 4tecs, XO-1,Jato's, Rustlers, Revos and other brand cars can u see lining up on this tree!? ALL OF THEM.

I see this tree, and the rustlers and jatos becoming close friends!

Me, ill be throwing my buggies against anything that pulls up at the tree!

BTW the release date is pretty far back??? according to the traxxas site its looking like mid june?! Kinda weird of traxxas to do that considering the funny car specifically is worthless with out the tree!?.....Hopefully they bump up the date!

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    The only thing that could have made this so frickin cool I'd be forced to go buy it......

Is if the finish line reported the trap speed as well. Then we could use it for top speed testing too. My buddies and I already like lining our cars up for short drag races.
    With the TQi docking base and the traxxas link app the DTS will report trap speed. It will also allow you to see reaction time, elapsed time, and you can also run bracket races as well.

For more information go here:
    http://traxxas.com/products/parts/ac...agtimingsystem

Out of the box, DTS-1 allows you to stage and race two cars, and the unit will tell you who won.

When you add a Docking Base radio and iPhone/iPod touch, the DTS-1 will transmit reaction time (RT), elapsed time (ET), and trap-speed data for each car. You can also use the Traxxas Link application to run bracket races and organize tournaments.

The WiFi module is required only if other racers with Docking Base radio and iOS devices want to access the DTS-1 system and receive info directly from it. You don't need the WiFi module to run individual races, brackets, or tournaments.

RC Qualifier
    Could you use it as a speed trap to measure your speed?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterm4 View Post
    With the TQi docking base and the traxxas link app the DTS will report trap speed. It will also allow you to see reaction time, elapsed time, and you can also run bracket races as well.
    I just learned this... man that really puts me in a bind now... of course my next question is....

Quote Originally Posted by YOLOer View Post
    Could you use it as a speed trap to measure your speed?
    Exactly.

Sure drag racing is fun, but a speed trap would be useful too. My buddies and I often meet to run top speed, just as a sort of bragging rights thing. Last weekend I was the fastest, the weekend before, I was least fastest...

But we're competing on different playing fields. We've got 2 guys running XO's with telemetry, and 2 guys running a GPS in a different brand car.

The telemetry has proved to be fairly accurate... but it would be a lot of fun if we could just set up the traps and see who can blow through them the fastest.

I'd swing a golf club through it too just for fun....

RC Champion
    It will most likely work like a real dragstrip. If so, it should calculate the time it takes for the car to get from one beam to the other. The beams are a certain distance apart so all it would need to know is the time from one to the other. That will give the speed.

Jeremy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Right, but is it always on and displaying speed, or does it have to expect a race?

RC Qualifier
    do you need the tqi to use it, or just an idevice? ?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk
    summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede

RC Champion
    Right, but is it always on and displaying speed, or does it have to expect a race?
    Good question. I'm assuming that it needs to know there is a car racing. Maybe the speed trap communicates with the launch unit?

Jeremy

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler13 View Post
    do you need the tqi to use it, or just an idevice? ?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk
    You need the tqi with docking adapter.

Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    I just learned this... man that really puts me in a bind now... of course my next question is....

Exactly.

Sure drag racing is fun, but a speed trap would be useful too. My buddies and I often meet to run top speed, just as a sort of bragging rights thing. Last weekend I was the fastest, the weekend before, I was least fastest...

But we're competing on different playing fields. We've got 2 guys running XO's with telemetry, and 2 guys running a GPS in a different brand car.

The telemetry has proved to be fairly accurate... but it would be a lot of fun if we could just set up the traps and see who can blow through them the fastest.

I'd swing a golf club through it too just for fun....
    Peter had answered on URC!

The DTS-1 will only transmit speed data if it runs a drag race (or a solo run, you don't always have to have two cars lined up). So, you could stage with the toe of your sneaker just to initiate a race then blast through the finish line lasers if all you wanted was speed data. But you do need a Docking Base radio and iPhone/iPod touch linked to the DTS-1 to get the speed data; if all you have is the DTS-1 by itself, its LEDs will allow you to stage, race, and see who won, but it doesn't display speed/reaction time/elapsed time data. It collects the data, but without a display to show it, the data doesn't "go anywhere." the Traxxas Link app and DTS-1 combo is the ultimate--you can run brackets and tournaments, share results, set your tree preferences up...it's pretty cool
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Champion
    Really though how many Rc drag races finish so close you need a timming system? Usually one guy blows the tires off the rims right out of the gate and the other guy hits the mailbox across the street.

I wouldn't want this stuff laying on the ground to time speed runs. I would eventually hit one and destroy it.(sending AA batterys everywhere) Then what buy a whole new system to replace the one component I tagged?

Timing brought to you by ENERGIZER battery's. Buy a case today!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    Really though how many Rc drag races finish so close you need a timming system? Usually one guy blows the tires off the rims right out of the gate and the other guy hits the mailbox across the street.

I wouldn't want this stuff laying on the ground to time speed runs. I would eventually hit one and destroy it.(sending AA batterys everywhere) Then what buy a whole new system to replace the one component I tagged?

Timing brought to you by ENERGIZER battery's. Buy a case today!

lol right, that timer better be made out of nerf material or it would be about 13 minutes of expensive fun for most of my crew