RC Enthusiast

bearings for slash 4x4?

is there a kit out there that will replace all bearings in the slash 4x4 or to i need to buy the in sets per size and which do you guys perfer aftermarket and also what exactly does the center diff do i am thinking on getting it but not sure how it works or installs thanks.

RC Champion
    Whats wrong with your current bearings? As my stock bearings have wore out I have upgraded to metal shieled ones myself. I wouldn't use the center diff if you plan on bashing, just depends on how you plan on driving.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    I have heard about Yeah Racing bearings and I want to get a set. However, I am having problems finding what I need. I actually want to get a set for my Slash and my Stampede. Hoping someone seeing this can provide some links

RC Champion
    My bearings are by Boca. They are pretty good and fairly inexpensive compared to others. With proper maintenance they can last quite some time...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Enthusiast
    i see a little wabble in my wheels and im thinking thats from bad bearings and i didnt know if i should replace them and if i have to order all the sizes that i need which i have no idea what they are and or if there is a kit that i can order that would have all of them in it

RC Racer
    Boca make complete sets at different $, team fast eddy, Acer, and avid also make complete sets. Never heard a bad word about any of them.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I didn't have much luck with my yeah Racing bearings.
    Ended up buying boca green seal and have never looked back. Expensive but worth every penny.

RC Enthusiast
    avid makes a great set. got mine for 24.00 shipped and got them in two days.

RC poster
    Dont waste your money. The motor mount bearing fails after maybe 3 or 4 battery packs, unless you've upgraded to a metal motor mount with the oversized bearing. The wheel bearings fail after about 5 or 6 battery packs so there's no use in getting more expensive ones. The www.avidrc.com/ sells them for $1 a piece. Get the rubber seal ones or the revolutions and install them with the rubber side facing the dirty side. The other bearings in the diffs last much longer.

http://www.avidrc.com/
    front hubs: 5x11x4 outer and 10x15x4 inner
    rear hubs: 5x11x4 both outer and inner
    stock motor mount: 10x15x4

RC Qualifier
    Slash/Pede wheels have more wobble than other brands. Not enough shims and sloppy bellcrank. Now if it's excessive, then you might have another issue. Pull the wheel off and check the bearing. Should only take a minute to know if you even need to replace them.

Not sure how Turbine is running his, but the stock wheel bearings definitely don't wear out that quick!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd1983 View Post
    i see a little wabble in my wheels and im thinking thats from bad bearings and i didnt know if i should replace them and if i have to order all the sizes that i need which i have no idea what they are and or if there is a kit that i can order that would have all of them in it

RC Qualifier
    I use ceramic bearings from Boca, no more worried about rust.I use garden hose to spray off dust from my slash after runs.

Here is the bearing thread I started awhile back:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...g-and-Bearings.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post

Not sure how Turbine is running his, but the stock wheel bearings definitely don't wear out that quick!
    Most people really don't remember how many times they've run the truck since the bearing was new. Also, they don't bother checking them until it breaks and damages other parts. I prefer to change them as soon as they start feeling gritty. At $1 a piece, I don't mind doing that.
    The stock motor mount is the worst. The plastic acts as a heat insulator and accelerates the failure process. I see this all the time and I'm usually changing 4 or 5 peoples bearings at the track every time. The trick is to replace them before they break. As the grease breaks down and they heat up, the plastic in the hubs (or motor mount) gets soft and they move around and fail. The outer race melts the plastic and the inner race gets seized on the axles.