RC Racer

anybody running with no wing?

Is anyone running with no rear wing? or Has anyone taken it off and noticed any difference in handling? I am considering not only taking the wing off but cutting the wing mount just above the rear bumper. Seems like that during rollovers and flips that the wing is causing a lot of stress on the rear chassis when it hits or catches on something.

Mine broke a while ago and I never replaced it. I don't really notice a difference except I think the wing protected the body.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Mine broke a while ago and I never replaced it. I don't really notice a difference except I think the wing protected the body.
    Thats the main reason...without the wing the rear edge of the shell can catch on stuff anytime you wheely too much and it starts ripping the shell apart in the rear....the wing also makes a decent wheelie bar.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    I took mine off and cut the plastic right behind the rear bumper. Imo it looks stupid. When I put the Proline raptor body on it I had to take it off.

RC Qualifier
    The wing makes a great carrying handle...tote it around without the wing a few times you will realize that...we did besides it protects the body.
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewers74 View Post
    The wing makes a great carrying handle...tote it around without the wing a few times you will realize that...we did besides it protects the body.
    I second that. I shattered my wing when i broke the chassis the second time. The wing dug into the ground and thats how the chassis broke. Took a nice chunk of lawn out too. I have not noticed any handling changes but i dont normally drive the truck very fast.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Why are you guys cutting the wing mount off? It's attached to the body mount with a few screws.

RC Racer
    to keep the bumper in place. I am going to cut it above the bumper. plus the wheelie bar mounts on to part of it.

I run just a bumper on Sum Revo & did have to cut anything... Can't remeber quit what I did,,,, getting old..lol
    But I just bolted it right on no cutting will check later.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    I have been running mine without the wing for so long I forgot the bumper sits on the wing mount, I used the RPM version of a 3.3 front bumper mount on the rear of my truck so the bumper sits a bit lower, I have the Raptor body on mine and it looks good with the low bumper. I haven't noticed any real difference without the wing, if you were to notice anything it would be at high speeds.

RC Racer
    ok, so i took off the rear wing, cut the wing mount just above the rear bumper and put therear bumper back. I dont see any difference....or very little and with current gearing i am running 40 mph which is plenty fast for what I do. I am still going to find a place to run 28/50 and see how fast it will go. but i dont see a problem with running with no wing. I believe I will keep it that way.