RC Qualifier

Truck won't move

When I try and move my truck forward and reverse it is stuck and won't move. The driveshaft sticks in place. I took the truck apart and cleaned the slipper clutch and everything inside and reassembled the truck but it still is stuck. When I put the battery in and turn the truck on and give it throttle it makes a loud whining noise. What is wrong with the truck? How do I fix this problem? Thanks
    Youtube - TraxxasRCC
    VXLs: Sl4sh Sl2sh Rusty Merv

RC Qualifier
    I just looked at the truck again and I figured out that it is the rear wheels that are sticking when I try and move the truck. What could it be in the rear? Thanks
    Youtube - TraxxasRCC

What happens when you lift it off the ground and try turning one of the rear wheels?

It sounds like somthing is wrong with the diff...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    When I lift up the truck and move the wheels its fine.
    Youtube - TraxxasRCC

With the front wheels on the ground, and the rear wheels off, turn one wheel, the other should spin in the opposite direction.

Next, put the truck on the ground so that the wheels on one side are on the ground, spin the back tire, every thing in the drive train should spin (with some resistance) except the wheels on the ground.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    With the front wheels on the ground, and the rear wheels off, turn one wheel, the other should spin in the opposite direction.

Next, put the truck on the ground so that the wheels on one side are on the ground, spin the back tire, every thing in the drive train should spin (with some resistance) except the wheels on the ground.
    Let me go ahead and put the truck back together and then I will try that.
    Youtube - TraxxasRCC

basically, you need to identify what/where is binding your drive train. Once you have it narrowed down, rip that part of the truck apart to get at the problem.

When you have the truck on two wheels (same side) and it does not move, recommend loosing the motor so that the pinion and spur are not making contact, then try to roll your truck again. If the problem goes away, there is something wrong with your motor. Will the motor disengaged from the drive train, power up the truck and see if the motor will spin, if it doesn't your motor is messed up.