RC poster

New Jato Upgrades

I am planning on buying a new Jato 3.3 tomorrow and I am wondering on what would be the most beneficial upgrades? I am currently planning on buying a battery pack and a temperature gage. What else should I get? I'm think I might also get rpm a-arms and rpm front bumper. What would you guys do? Thanks in advance!!!

RC poster
    I wouldn't replace anything until you break something. With that said, the 1st thing that will most likely break are the A-arms and the front bumper and yes, they should be replaced with RPM's. Then, you will most likely not really like the brakes. There are 2 options you can do here: Buy the dual set-up or mod your own. I did the DIY mod, not because I am cheap, but I like to know how things work so when they break I can fix them with relative ease. The mod can be found here:
    http://forums.thetoyz.com/index.php?showtopic=12082

-Jeff

RC poster
    I agree don't replace anything until it brakes. Trust me if you play with your Jato as much as I do you will be replacing parts left and right. When you do use Rpm all the way around. These are the only things that don't brake on mine. I would also suggest getting some CVD because the plastic ones are JUNK! I would then get something to strengthen the top plate at the front bulkhead because you will hit something very soon and it's pretty much the weakest point in the Jato. I did the DIY brake because it worked really well for me. I have spent a lot of money fixing mine but I try to have as much fun with it everytime I'm playing with it. One last thing get upgraded turnbuckles as you will find out are needed if you drive your Jato hard as they will bend pretty quick. Have fun it's a blast and watch the curb it never ends very good.

RC Racer
    Not really an upgrade, but pick up some clutch springs and shoes. Jatos are bad for breaking these (or at least mine is) this way if you ever break one youll have it to change out really quickly. And definatly the dual brakes setup.