RC Enthusiast

Finally Started To Upgrade!

well guys ive had my slash for over 2 weeks now and i absolutely love it!!! its an amazing and durable machine, but ive found some spots for improvement! the stock shocks honestly seem to suck, i blew a cap off 2x and they constantly leak out oil, so after some research i decided to jump in and order:

SC10 Threaded shocks, 50$ on ebay, brand new never used. On top of that my freind that owns a small hobby shop ordered me the proline pro trac kit and trencher tires, sway bars, and RPM rear bumper as i did break mine. He also ordered me a 15t pinion and a traxxas 1522 heatsink to compliment the already used venom 3s 5000mah lipo (i know i should worry about heat, but just so you know the car is only truly sprinted on on hard pavement, i never go full throttle on grass or anything, it just gets to squirly) So once i have everything in and installed expect some pics!

RC Champion
    Hey ep3's
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Enthusiast
    haha yea!

Watch the *s.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-01-2012 at 11:06 PM.

RC Racer
    Hey those are some nice first mods. Congrats! I've had my truck for about a month, and in between work I've managed to install some shortened big bore shocks. Looking to upgrade my driveline next. Enjoy!

That is a good start! I can see the addition is creeping in you a little more with each new part bought
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    Everytime we break a part I always figure it's time to upgrade to a better part. Looks like you are off to a good start...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Enthusiast
    haha thanks guys! and yea the addiction is here to stay

RC Enthusiast
    Anyone have any good mOtor/esc combo's that are waterproof like the stock vxl system? I want this thing to FLY but the waterproof is nice as ****, what about just upgrading the motor and keeping the stock esc?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 04ep3hatch View Post
    Anyone have any good mOtor/esc combo's that are waterproof like the stock vxl system? I want this thing to FLY but the waterproof is nice as Marshmallows roasting over a campfire, what about just upgrading the motor and keeping the stock esc?
    I was wondering the same thing my self. I love the idea of upgrading the motor and ESC in my Stampede (Slash was bought used already upgraded) but I do NOT want to lose the ability to play out in the rain, or thin mud or not being able to chase my dogs around the pool for fear of my Stampede jumping into the pool... again...

RC Qualifier
    I know HPI Just came out with a water proof ESC. It is the "Racing Flux Reload V2 Waterproof Brushless ESC"

I havnt read any reviews about it though.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    The only problem that I noticed with the Hpi ESC is that it can only handle 3s.I would have liked if it could have handled 4s so that you could run 3s without any worrys.

Someone could always buy it and test it out and see how it stands up
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Enthusiast
    this is THEE most durable RC car ever made, i feel bad the **** i did to it today, like honestly lol