RC Enthusiast

MJ now 2.4GHz with TQ LINK, powers up but cant get it to work?

hi guys,

Im trying to find info on getting my Traxxas 2.4GHz TQ TRAXXAS LINK set up to work on my Monster Jam(Grinder) that came with a 2.7GHz radio with a long arial which is not user friendly to a 4 year old so I had the spare 2.4 sitting there so i thought i would swap them over to eliminate both the 2.7 and the long arial.

The MJ is still running the original Titan12T/XL-5 set up.(brushless ready to be installed, will be done once i get the 2.4GHz radio to work)

So, ive swapped it out and its all plugged in, Transmitter has fresh batteries, the MJ has a freshly charged 7cell NiMH battery, i switch the transmitter on(Green LED lights up "solid"), i turn on the ESC and all i get is the Traxxas Link reciever LED flashing red and no steering and no motor movement.

Any info would be much appreciated, or a link to a 2.4GHz TQ Traxxas Link fault finding manual.

cheers,

Gonz.
    ERBE Basher
    30th Grave Digger & Grinder MJ

RC Qualifier
    You have to bind them together. Start with everything off then hold the set button on the transmitter while turning it on, the light will flash red slowly, release the set button. Then hold the link button on the receiver while turning the car on and release it. When both lights turn solid green you're ready to go. Oh by the way it's 27 MHz not 2.7, it took me A minute to figure out what you meant.

RC poster
    Last edited by KILLER_K; 04-29-2013 at 11:06 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Perfect Killer K, its done, binded and working fine thank you very much..i just couldnt find the info at the Traxxas site for some reason, i think i may have been searching "Radio"!!

Thanks also to Mark for replying, cheers guys!!

Gonz.
    ERBE Basher
    30th Grave Digger & Grinder MJ

RC poster
    You're most welcome and glad I could be of help.