RC Qualifier

help on suspenion to keep the front wheels on the ground

i am pretty much new to this.i have a erevo with the mamba monster i am trying to keep the front wheels on the ground.i am going on grass(football field) about the 50 yard line at 3/4 throttle and if i pull it all the way it just stands up and balloons the tires.i am using 3s 5000 mah 25c traxxas batteries any suspenion tips or mods i can do to help this prob? oh i did install the trans diff too was told that wouls solve the prob but it didnt

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hottrodd1090 View Post
    i am pretty much new to this.i have a erevo with the mamba monster i am trying to keep the front wheels on the ground.i am going on grass(football field) about the 50 yard line at 3/4 throttle and if i pull it all the way it just stands up and balloons the tires.i am using 3s 5000 mah 25c traxxas batteries any suspenion tips or mods i can do to help this prob? oh i did install the trans diff too was told that wouls solve the prob but it didnt

Yeah, they told you wrong, the center diff is only made to handle 4s power, you're running 6s.

Aside from fine tuning your slipper clutch you just have to practice and learn throttle control, you'll eventually get to where you know how much throttle you can grab on a given surface at any speed and keep the wheels on the ground.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    thanks for the help yeah traxxas said not to use it but it comes with 500 fluid in it instead on the 100 so the guy told me it should be fine.was told the only thing that might go wrong is i melt the plastic cup but if that happens i have an aluminum 1 to replace it.what if i change the rear dif fluid to 100? will that help keep it down?do you know what fluid comes in the front and rear difs?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hottrodd1090 View Post
    thanks for the help yeah traxxas said not to use it but it comes with 500 fluid in it instead on the 100 so the guy told me it should be fine.was told the only thing that might go wrong is i melt the plastic cup but if that happens i have an aluminum 1 to replace it.what if i change the rear dif fluid to 100? will that help keep it down?do you know what fluid comes in the front and rear difs?
    I think traxxas usually just puts grease in the diffs from the factory...thicker diff fluid in the front or rear diffs won't help with keeping the front end down....it just lets you fine tune how free the wheels on the same end of the car are to spin at different speeds which affects cornering more than anything else.

Like I said though, if your front end is coming off the ground your just trying to accelerate faster than the car is capable of on the surface your on. You could add weight to the front, try different weight springs, use a center diff, but better throttle control is the real solution regardless of your setup....and it doesn't cost a thing but time and practice.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

do you know what fluid comes in the front and rear difs?

30k F&R....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    turn down the punch & set your throttle curve on the esc with the castle link http://robotwars.00server.com/castlelink.html <~ how to

RC Qualifier
    thanks everyone for the help.i understand the throttle control i only pull it just a tiny bit when its hauling and it just comes upso i am trying.doesnt matter if i squeeze it all the way or just a tiny bit it still comes up.iam hauling down a football field and all 4 are on the ground squeeze just a tiny bit more and up they come.i'll keep working at it and again thanks to everyone for their help

RC Qualifier
    yeah they only put grease on the outer gears but fill the cups with diff fluid.does anyone ever fill the outer part of the diff where the big gear is with fluid instead of just grease?

RC Champion
    Punch control, throttle curve, throttle control and a fine tuned slipper, tiny little bit on the slipper can make the difference between slipping at WOT and not slipping and wheelying. Combination of all those should get you where you want to be, just got to be patient. Don't set the slipper to loose though, it will heat up real quick. GL
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC Qualifier
    thank you for your help