Thread: Big grin......

RC Racer

Big grin......

Well after setting up the revo and using it with the stock batteries I was a little disappointed.

Then today I was able to charge the lipos and go to a local school field.

Whoa I could not wipe the grin off my face....

My wife took the emaxx and I put it on normal mode, no more training for her. Her grin was almost as wide as mine.

The 2/2s venom 40c 5000mah batteries produced more than enough speed and fun. We were out for at least 1/2 hour with no signs of either slowing down. When they say 35+ mph they mean it. Tires ballooned but not too crazy.

Power slides on the grass were easy, slipper clutch kicked in after about 1 second of throttle, wheelies were no problem even when moving.

When I got home threw the lipos on storage mode and they were ready after about 15 min. Will put them on balance charge next time we will use it.

Just awesome!!

RC Qualifier
    Ah. I love lipo! Glad you finally got a chance to put lipo in it and see that MMM shine!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

congrats.. are you running the stock gearing, & did you set the LVC to 3.4v per cell..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    Yup stock gearing.

My link adapter and cable are on order and when it comes in I will raise the cutoff voltage to 3.4. I like the idea of being a bit safe with a couple minutes less fun time as there is no fun when a battery dies, right?

When I went to charge the battery the charger indicated the cells were around 3.7v each.

resting volts with the LVC set to 3.4v per cell. they will came back to about 3.6 ~3.7v. Gear it up, put the 54 spur on & then post a pic of your smile....lol watch the temps ....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??