RC Enthusiast

Who uses SPC lipos?

What does everyone that has an SPC lipo think about them? I'm a newb to RC and have been watching reviews to get my information and the SPC 5200 lipo tested well against the Gens Ace. Since Gens Ace seems to be what everyone compares batteries to, and since Gens Aces are always sold out, I bought a SPC 6000 MaH 30C lipo battery. The SPC 5000s were sold out at $28 as well as the 5400s at $49. I already have a Duratrax Onyx 5700 and it is has very good run times but I heard about SPC and Gens Ace being so popular and wanted to see what all of the fuss was about.

I am a Venom man! I have had two Venom lipos for over two years! I recently obtained a new Venom Lipo. You cannot tell the differen e between the new and the old lipos! Venom has an awesome warranty! I year free replacement and 50% after that. I personally wont buy Gens ace. My good friend has had four go bad on him in less than a year. Just my 0.02
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    I own two 3s spc lipo's for over a year great packs all cells balance great, no problems at all. I'm planning on ordering a few 2s threw them here soon.
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I havenīt, but Iīm very pleased with gens ace lipos.

RC Enthusiast
    The SPC performed better than the Gens Ace in the review I watched. The Gens Ace is cheaper but is ALWAYS sold out and the particular SPC battery used was discontinued.

Do Venoms come with Traxxas connectors actually on them or only the adaptors? Adaptors aren't great because they act as sort of a choke point for current.

I've been using SPC packs for years and have never been let down by them or SPC's customer service. IMO SPC offers a great balance between performance, quality, and cost.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

I recommend soldering traxxas plugs on Venom lipos! That is the only thing I dislike about them is the multi connectors.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I recommend soldering traxxas plugs on Venom lipos! That is the only thing I dislike about them is the multi connectors.
    I know it's easy but I am not going through the minimal trouble envolved in soldering when I can just buy something else at the same cost. Or cheaper.

RC Qualifier
    I got one SPC 8200mAh 30C 3s for my slash 4x4, and 4 SPC 2500mAh 30C 2s for my mini summit and e-revo. So far so good.
    When you get SPC batteries, don't expect to pill any packaging, just some bubble wrapping. And I am fine with that and as long as the pack works well and price is low I rather see the expensive packaging $ putting into research and development instead.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hskb View Post
    I got one SPC 8200mAh 30C 3s for my slash 4x4, and 4 SPC 2500mAh 30C 2s for my mini summit and e-revo. So far so good.
    When you get SPC batteries, don't expect to pill any packaging, just some bubble wrapping. And I am fine with that and as long as the pack works well and price is low I rather see the expensive packaging $ putting into research and development instead.
    Mine came with the bubble wrap, instructions, and an ink pen.

RC Competitor
    I have 4 SPC 2s 5000mAh lipos and I am having great results with them. They get beaten regularly and have yet to have any issues.
    My only other lipo that I have owned was a Racer's edge and I didn't like the removable balance plug wire similar to orion batteries that ended up busting off.

Quote Originally Posted by hskb View Post
    I understand that. The warranty makes it worth it for me. I have dealt with Jason, the warranty guy and it is a joy dealing with him. Very friendly and customer service oriented