RC poster

body painting...

so i pretty much trashed my KB shell, been beatin to all ****...its my first r/c car mind you...

i ordered a new clear fiesta body from ebay and i was wondering if there is anything i need to know before painting it? i've painted many actual car parts before.

do i have to sand it?

is there any brand of paint you guys reccomend? i have the krylon fusion in white from my last projject i did on my car, so i was thinking about using that and painting the car white.

I also have some CF wrap that i have left over as well which i think i'll use on the hood.

RC Qualifier
    Well the most surprising thing to me was you paint the inside. The plastic its self then acts as a clear coat. You dont want to sand anything. You wash to wash the inside gently with soap and water. The outside will have a overspay film on it to protect the outside of the shell so don't peel that off till your completely done. Finally you want to use special paint for rc car bodies or the the paint will chip off in the first flex of the plastic. There is also alot of info out there so if you search around you can get alot more info than i have.
    MERV VXL + Rally VXL + Stampede Xl5

RC Enthusiast
    We just got done painting a body. We cut the body out with flush cutters, washed the inside, masked the windows and pattern, did several coats of the darkest paint first, backed it with white, removed pattern tape, sprayed several coats of another color, then backed it with white, removed window masks and done. I was advised to let it dry for a few days before actually driving with it. Hope this helps.

RC poster
    woah...so wait, what kind of paint can i/do i use?

RC poster
    never mind...after seeing some reviews on this paint, im going to go ahead and use the fusion paint...this body is only going to be used for big parking lots and no offroading, so from what ive read, it will hold up....ill post result once i am done with the painting, and decals