Hybrid View

RC poster

erevo 2speed + tqi

Does anyone know if the TQi sensor for rpm and mph will support the 2speed setup?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The 2 speed like from the Summit?

Thats manually changed by a servo, and not at a speed.... but by flipping the switch.

While the RPM sensor opens the doors for exciting new features like that, Peter V has explicitly said no updates are coming down the road, so we're stuck with the functionality we have now.... knowing that it could be so much more....

RC poster
    Thanks for the quick reply, kinda bummed about the answer though...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You and me both man....

The TQi is still a great setup, but it is frustrating seeing the potential is there for it to be so much more.

I dug up the old PeterV post.... this is in response to my posting that Castle had mentioned Traxxas took advantage of Castle Link Live, a protocol for remote programming castle ESC's through the radio....

However Traxxas has chosen NOT to pursue this, despite one having to disable Castle Link Live to use a different radio with the XO-1....

Anyway his words were:

Nothing is being held back from you, there's no Beta being tested, there's no switch we could throw to turn on some extra functionality that we're depriving you of.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but that comes across to me as Traxxas not being interested in furthering the functionality of the TQi.

"No beta being tested" implies to me Traxxas isn't working on any updates...
    Last edited by ducati777; 03-29-2012 at 11:18 AM.