RC poster

e revo has too much power??

hey guys, im new to this whole forum thing, but if you could help me id much appreciate it. i have a brush-less e revo with a blur esc and a tork motor (same as mamba monster) but when running on 6s lipo power the hex and rims are shredding like crazy!!! anybody know how to prevent the car from destroying the rims? im ordering steel shafts, foam street tires, and some other parts to make it much more sturdy on road but off road the car destroy itself before i get to! anybody that could help me figure out this issue, id much appreciate it, thanks

RC Champion
    Are your wheel nuts coming loose or something? That's the only way I've ever had the hex spin in the wheel and I've used 4 or 5 different brands of wheels on it since I got it. Don't use that little plastic wheel nut tool it comes with, use a 3/8ths ratchet with a 17mm deep socket (or extension and regular socket) so you can torque those nuts down and I doubt you will have anymore stripped out hexes in your wheels. Some blue loctite in the threads is also a must.
    Last edited by candy76man; 03-24-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC poster
    thats what i do, i always make sure that it doesnt come loose, but ever since i got the new batteries for 6s power, theres so much tork that the shafts spin faster than the wheels and it slowly strips the hex in the wheel and then the hex will grind away at the wheel, iv never had to deal with this befor so im not sure what to do? im ordering metal hexes instead of the plastic hex, maybe that would help?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by billy huha View Post
    thats what i do, i always make sure that it doesnt come loose, but ever since i got the new batteries for 6s power, theres so much tork that the shafts spin faster than the wheels and it slowly strips the hex in the wheel and then the hex will grind away at the wheel, iv never had to deal with this befor so im not sure what to do? im ordering metal hexes instead of the plastic hex, maybe that would help?
    Oh, yeah, the plastic hexes are your problem then, I assumed you had started with a brushless erevo which comes with aluminum hexes but I guess you converted a brushed revo to brushless. That problem should go away with aluminum 17mm hexes...if it has 14mm hexes now you might still have issues with a aluminum 14mm hex (I don't recall if the brushed revo comes with 14 or 17 mm hexes?) but it should be less of a problem...go 17mm if you can.
    Last edited by candy76man; 03-24-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC poster
    alright, thank you very much!

17mm or 14mm hubs?
    Traxxas
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4918994
    HPI
    post 31 & 59
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    Are you getting traxxas steel cvds? If you are, i recommend pulling back the rubber dust covers and putting some heavy grease in there around the ends of the dogbones.

RC poster
    http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...T3709&CartID=2

these are the drive shafts im getting, there for a tmaxx 3.3 but to my knowlege, the tmaxx 3.3 shafts fit the e revo
    any clue if they would be any good? im tight on money and need to get good parts for cheap

and what type of spring for the revo is the stifest to make it sit up the highest?
    thanks.

RC poster
    and does anybody know where i could find 17mm foam street tires for the e revo? i had some hpi phlatline tires but they couldnt withstand going past 70mph and one of them exploded

and what type of spring for the revo is the stiffest to make it sit up the highest?
    thanks.

to stiff of springs will make the truck bounce..

spring rates

yellow = 2.6

white = 2.9

orange = 3.2

green = 3.5

gold = 3.8

tan = 4.1

black = 4.4

silver = 4.9

pink = 5.4

blue = 5.9

purple = 6.4
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    so purple is the stiffest?

RC Qualifier
    I would recommend Summit shafts rather than 3.3 shafts or metal ones.

Definitely upgrade to 17mm hubs asap. 14mm won't like 6s power.

I would also suggest getting castle link software and use it to adjust the punch control.
    ERBE, Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4

RC poster
    anybody know a tire that can withstand going over 80mph without balloning??

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by billy huha View Post
    anybody know a tire that can withstand going over 80mph without balloning??
    At 80 MPH the major concern is the tire comming apart, all but the stiffest foams are going to baloon atleast a little at those speeds. You are probably not going to get 80 MPH on 6s with that system in a revo, still 60-70ish is easily possible. The HPI phaltlines can handle those speeds fairly well. I have a t-maxx pushing in the low 60s and they work great.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Champion
    Why not go for four XO-1 tires. Sure they are slicks but traxxas claims 118mph and ive heard nothin but good about them. I guess the only downside is you will have to compensate with taller gearing which may require some dremeling. You will have to gear 25/36 Mod 1 since the stock erevo gearin is no where enough for 80 mph.

P.S. I know someone posted some pics of xo-1 tires on ERBE about a month back but i cant remember who. Can anyone help or link those pics?
    Last edited by anr2442; 03-28-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC poster
    i have hpi phlatline tires and they blew on 6s power in a straight line

RC poster
    heres a good solution dont go so bloody fast lol
    from what it sounds like u got a pretty sweet cr minus tire shreding and getting the right hexes, good luck tho.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not a case of too much power.... you've got too little hex!

The XO-1 tires work great, but at only 4.3 inches, you lose rollout.... you can make that up by gearing taller, but the tallest gearing I've been able to fit is 21/36 in Mod 1. Thats good for a bit over 70...

You'll have to convert to the splined 17's to run the XO-1 tires anyway....