Thread: Emaxx racer?

RC Enthusiast

Emaxx racer?

hey guys, so im new to the hobby and have been wondering if anyone has tried racing an emaxx, and if so how well did it do. if i get good feed back i might try making my 3903 race worthy.

RC Qualifier
    As long as you keep in mind that it will never be as fast or durable as a devoted race truggy, it works very well. A lot of racing is skill; after that, tires and suspension setup are critical. Beyond that, upgrading the power system and possibly beefing up weak points (which applies in general) is what will be an evolving process of breaking, evaluating, and fixing or upgrading.

RC Enthusiast
    all of that are good points, im getting aluminum bulkheads, so it will be a little beefed up, not much. have you had any problems with certain parts?

RC Racer
    if I was going to try and race at a track with an emaxx at minimum I would get FLM shock towers so I could lower it wayyy down, I would put heavy shock oil in it maybe 80, and get some stiff springs like the trinitys blues or integy greens.

RC Enthusiast
    i have all stock shocks and shock towers set to the lowest and firmest setting, and am pretty pleased. no wheelies no flipping it over in the turns.

RC Qualifier
    My little 3906 can run with most of them. Here's a video of it in the backyard with a RC10T4.1.

RC Enthusiast
    very nice video dude. is your 3906 stock if it is holy crap.

RC Qualifier
    I love how whenever the Maxx and T4 run into each other, the T4 gets deflected and the Maxx just shrugs it off. Plus that plush suspension makes a world of difference when it gets off the track. Looks like fun!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx3903basher
    very nice video dude. is your 3906 stock if it is holy crap.
    Thanks!
    It's basicly a stock Maxx with every upgrade I could do to the drive system to handle the BL power.
    Your 3903 will make a nice handling truck and it's already BL ready .

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_cat1 View Post
    I love how whenever the Maxx and T4 run into each other, the T4 gets deflected and the Maxx just shrugs it off. Plus that plush suspension makes a world of difference when it gets off the track. Looks like fun!
    The suspension does suck up the bumps, jumps, and other trucks

RC Enthusiast
    yeh man. i have been playing with suspension setup, took it to the track and caked dirt up in all the hex hardware. also broke an a-arm, skid plate and bellcrank. even broke a bulkhead cartwheeling. broke a rear shocktower somehow. so all aluminum bulkheads, all aluminum steering assembly, and rpm shocktower.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx3903basher View Post
    yeh man. i have been playing with suspension setup, took it to the track and caked dirt up in all the hex hardware. also broke an a-arm, skid plate and bellcrank. even broke a bulkhead cartwheeling. broke a rear shocktower somehow. so all aluminum bulkheads, all aluminum steering assembly, and rpm shocktower.
    Bummer!!! Sounds like it took a hard hit.
    You might add RPM arms to the list.