Thread: Wheels/17mm hex

RC Enthusiast

Wheels/17mm hex

So currenty I'm running Slash Hex configuration because I messed up and bought the wrong tire/wheel setup a while ago. My question is A) where do I find the 17 mm hex adapters? And B) are there beadlock wheels available for these? If so, are any tires able to fit said beadlock wheels? Thanks for the info!
    Slayer Pro

RC Qualifier
    How are you running slash hex's ? They are 12mm hex for 5 mm axle... Slayerpro is 14mm hex for 6mm axle..
    Your LHS should have the traxxas 17mm hex's for the revo which are for slayerpro too..
    I haven't seen any short course beadloc wheels for 17mm hex's ever!! There is SC wheels with 17mm hex's tho...
    Proline makes SC beadloc wheels 14mm hex for the slayer, any SC tire will fit...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i was going to say the same...slash 4x4 and slayer dont share the same hex configuration due to different size stub axles.
    SC beadlock....never seen one yet. suprasales from ebay sell 17mm buggy wheels with decent offroad tires, i have'nt tried them yet but the onroad buggy/slick tires are worth buying
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Enthusiast
    I drilled out the hole on the hex to fit the axle. Pin is super loose but haven't had any issues yet after almost a gallon. I haven't been able to find the 14 mm SC beadlocks, are they still available? Or am I just not looking hard enough?
    Slayer Pro

RC poster
    Tekno makes a 12mm hub adapter for 6mm axles. Part #TKR1654X and available at Tower. DE Racing has a SCT wheel with 17mm hub in their Trinidad line. I dont know of any SCT beadlock wheels.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by XCHECK6X View Post
    I drilled out the hole on the hex to fit the axle. Pin is super loose but haven't had any issues yet after almost a gallon. I haven't been able to find the 14 mm SC beadlocks, are they still available? Or am I just not looking hard enough?
    search Proline #pro270904

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for all the help you guys. I'll try to get some pics up soon. I'm working on a FloTek body I just picked up.
    Slayer Pro