RC poster

turning wheels question

Sup guys, i just bough a used jato with the 3.3 eng. and when im playing with it and making turns, it seens it makes a wide turns everytime,not sure if that normal for the jatos, i had a revo before and i dont remember making those wide turns.. for sample, a 2 car street size, the jato will used almost the whole space to make the turn..

RC Enthusiast
    i have experience that my jato takes wide turns too. It seems that the slower I go the less wide of a turn it takes.
    Lefever_Fever

RC poster
    umm, i had a revo before and it was making really short turns, not sure if that normal on the jatos..

RC poster
    Its been my expeirence that two things will change that for you. The first and cheaper of the two, change your battery pack from the 4 double As pack to the hump pack or the flat pack that fits in the jato. Changing the battery will make the servos respond quicker and stronger. Second, change the stock steering servos to the higher speed servos and/or water proof servos. The combination of the two will most certainly be ideal.

RC poster
    It came with the flat battery pack, but dunno bout the servo..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I don't have a problem making sharp turns at all. In fact the thing turns so sharp that my car will flip if I do a sharp turn going any faster then 20mph. I changed out to a 1700mah flat pack with the tracxas 2075 waterproof servos. Also, I changed the expo on my radio to have my servos turn as far as it can. There's a down side to that for me though. It turns so much that my wheels will run on the right coaster block and stop the wheels from spinning. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Ummm ok. Ill check my servo.. how can i adjust it?

RC poster

RC poster

RC Racer
    That looks like really good throw to me. Either way. You can adjust it with your radio if you have the 2.4 ghz radio. If not then I have no idea.

RC poster
    Which knob on the radio controls the wheels?

RC Competitor
    it looks like your front turnbuckles are real bent, that may have something to do with it. I would buy some either replacements or invest in some aluminum or titanium ones. Just some food for thought.

RC poster
    I change it and theres was like a round washer in between where attach to the chassi..

those are really bent, change those out and get new ones and it might improve a bit. they need to be threaded in good so they dont come out.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    yea im gonna order some.. what about that washer,it was only on the left size turnbuckle..

RC Racer
    You'll need to buy another set of the spacers for it if your missing one.

RC poster
    ohh ok,so they need to be on both sides... it was only on the left side... thats the only place the spaces go?

RC Qualifier
    On the last page of your manual it provides a menu so you can program your transmitter multifunction knob to control different things. One of them is your steering expo. Check the manual and follow the steps provided or Traxxas support can walk you through the process as well. And yes.... replace those turnbuckles and you will see a considerable difference.

RC Enthusiast
    This is entirely the problem....The servo's that Traxxas put in the Jato aren't the greatest. One of the best upgrades I have made to mine to date is replacing the Throttle/brake and steering servo's with the Traxxas 2075's not only are they stronger and faster, they are "Waterproof" to boot ... if I were you I wouldn't bother with Aluminum or Titanium just get the steel ones for five bucks instead of forty or fifty for the others which aren't any stronger just a little lighter. Also you will need to buy a spacers set to replace that missing one from the right side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio916 View Post
    I change it and theres was like a round washer in between where attach to the chassi..

Last edited by IHaul; 03-29-2012 at 04:43 PM.

RC poster
    Yea i prefer something that will last longer.. any good online sites to get them?

RC Racer
    I like rcplanet.com. They have really good prices on all parts and even the cars and trucks. I got my jato from them a little over a month ago for $360 with free shipping. All the parts on their site is at really good price as well. And yes, just replace your rods with the stock steel ones. They may not look nice and fancy, but they are a lot stronger then the aluminum ones. I always thought of the aluminum rods be to a complete waste of money and more of a downgrade then an upgrade. But that's just me, giving up something that is much stronger just to save 20 grams of weight isn't much of a deal maker for me. If you want to cut down on the weight the. You can always run with half a tank of fuel. Lol.

RC poster
    Lol yea... ill prefer the good kind over looks of the aluminum..