Thread: EVX-2 Issues

RC poster

EVX-2 Issues

Recently purchased a 2012 summit, which has the the EVX-2 with LVC. Im having problems calibrating the esc to get the led to shine green. I have tried countless times. Any help would be appreciated as to what the issue could be.

Thanks,
    Tyler

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    What exactly are you trying to do??
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Plug your batteries in and hold down the button in the Esc for about 10 seconds..it should go green and truck should lurch a bit.
    Three Summits

RC poster
    No milkman that didnt work either.....jimmie neutron I am just simply attempting to calibrate the esc as it states in the manual. I do not know what else to try.

It is time to call Traxxas then.
    I have not had any issues getting my ESC to switch back and forth between NiMh and LiPo modes.
    (take note that you are not calibrating the ESC, you are only switching modes)

RC poster
    Alright thanks for the advice

RC poster
    Maybe you can educate me a bit..what do you mean when you say switching modes? Another question....I am hesitant to refer to the manual for questions regarding the esc, because it doesnt discuss the 2012 evx-2 with low voltage detection, so how do I know the exact method for setting up my summit when the manual isnt accurate? thanks

you can switch from lipo mode (low voltage detection)to nimh mode .the esc setup is different it is dectecting the throttle and brake endpoints..if you happened to change the 50/50 selector to 70/40 position and then back to 50/50 you have to recalibrate the end points each time you do that.the manuel does cover that part as it has not changed.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

There was extra sheets of paper with mine, explaining the changes and how to operate the ESC.