RC Enthusiast

Cool Rustler VXL bodies???

Hey guys what bodies will fit the Rustler VXL?? I'm asking because there doesn't seem to be many options. I ran the stock one till it fell apart, then saw the ones from JConcepts and figured I'd try them. They were thicker and added a different look....How could I lose,,,well I'll tell ya. The first day my friend and I took them out he just about split his body in half and it wasn't really a bad crash. Mine lasted a little longer but now has about 6 good size cracks and has completely split on top of the rear quarters. IMO this thing is garbage!! The stock one was much more durable. I like the stock one, but I would like a little different look. Any suggestions please let me know and post some pics. THANKS!!

RC Qualifier
    I have the same issue with my JConcepts Raptor body. First roll over the body cracked about the rear shock tower on both sides and along the back above the motor. My stock body went through dozens of 100 ft lid skids and rolls and never cracked. My next body will probably come from ProLine.
    Nitro Rustler, Rustler HW Brushless Motor, ESC

RC Champion
    I started a list a little while ago on my site. I'm sure there are more, but here is a start. http://traxxastuesdays.webs.com/rustlerbodies.htm
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Competitor
    Cool site TraxxasTuesdays! Good place to start looking, but do you know if all those are still avaliable? I'm diggin' the 99'-02' chevy body.
    I really should be working.

RC Competitor
    The stock bandit body works as well from what I've read. I plan on getting one of them soon and try my hand at painting it... I'm also getting tired of the rustler body..

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    proline desert rat ftw! It's super thick
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TenDeadFingers View Post
    Cool site TraxxasTuesdays! Good place to start looking, but do you know if all those are still avaliable? I'm diggin' the 99'-02' chevy body.
    When I posted them about a month ago, they were all available from the makers. I'm not sure if you can get them anywhere else or not though.

RC Racer
    I've been using the Desert Rat body for about a year, and it still looks nice and shiny, the lexan is pretty tough.

Pro Tip: I always line the insides of my bodies with drywall tape and shoe goo where there will be any flex or rubbing. I can't stress how much more life you get out of a body using this trick. There's tutorial vids online.
    Rusty, Pede, Bandit, E-MAXX 3906, MERV

RC Enthusiast
    Great site Traxxas Tuesdays

RC Qualifier
    I think my next body will be the HPI Silverado. That is nice.
    Nitro Rustler, Rustler HW Brushless Motor, ESC

RC Enthusiast
    Is anyone using the HPI or proline bodies, If so how do you like it as far as durability

RC Champion
    I have a Proline Chevy C-10 body. It didn't hold up well on the back due to the massive amount of wheelies I used to pull. It would drag the "tailgate" and it cracked all over the place. I think they are great bodies though because I still haven't broken it anywhere else.

RC Competitor
    Most jato bodies fit a rustler but they are no stroger than rustler stock ones i have a proline crowd pleanzer and the lexan on these things are tough .(if you put she goo round the holes it will last even longer and get foam washers put the stock washers ontop of the foam if it fits depending on the body shell)

RC Enthusiast
    Skaterpie will the 2.0 Jato crowd pleazer body fit the rustler vxl?? Pro-Line Part #: 3202-00 and if you need a pic look on traxxas tuesday's site above... I was told the jato body wouldn't fit over the rear shock tower

RC poster
    Hey Nixzero I love the desert rat body and the paint body too...im planing to paint my first body...what colors u did u paint first? Did u use masquing tape? im good w/ the mecanics on my Rustler vxl but not w/ the paintin....lol thanks!

RC poster
    Proline E-Maxx 2007 Silverado body fits with a bit of extra trimming and raising the front body mount posts up about 1/2 inch. I am running 2.8 tires and wheels so I had to trim it more than you would for 2.2 tires. You also need a Jang mod to fit it. My rear fenders are trimmed some more now to prevent the rear tires from rubbing as well and they match the wheel wells. Front hex hubs on the rear would probably solve that too though.

And the Pro-Line bodies are pretty darn thick too.

RC Qualifier
    Anyone know if the jconcepts illuzion body holds up better than the raptor? I have the illuzion body on my merv and it's super thick and tough.