RC Qualifier

chassis brace mod

I have the rear one done but i can't find pictures of how to do the front mod. i am running tekno front sway bar.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Champion
    I did mine using cf rod ca'ed into a rod end and the other end just inserts into a 1/4 inch deep hole I drilled into the front body mount (my golden horizons front shock mount already had a threaded hole that worked perfect for attaching the other end)...it has worked well although my rc solutions rollcage takes the brunt of any front end impact.

-ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    heres mine also, i use a t-maxx first generation turnbuckle.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Racer
    this is a better pic of how its done with stock slash tie rods

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1azz View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
    u got the part for that tierod ?
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Qualifier

chassis brace mod

The front of the chassis does not need to be braced because it is fastened to the bulkhead with 2 huge screws

If I remember correctly , correct me if I'm wrong , The rear however is missing these 2 screws, for some unknown reason. Huge design flaw imo, which seems to be corrected in the merv.

Because the rear chassis is barely hanging on to anything is why it needs to be braced. I bought the teckno mount for just the clever mounting bracket that allows for a rear brace. I use a stock push rod and screw it into the empty wing mount holes. Sorry no pics but its exactly as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by 1azz View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
    Maybe its just me, but i would think that doing the brace this way does nothing... what am i missing with this?
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Maybe its just me, but i would think that doing the brace this way does nothing... what am i missing with this?
    i agree, its pointless. sorry to say it.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by varunaX View Post
    The front of the chassis does not need to be braced because it is fastened to the bulkhead with 2 huge screws

????....The front flexes and breaks bulkheads just like the rear...it absolutely needs to be braced, those two extra screws don't stop the chassis from flexing...the flex point is where the chassis transitions to the "tongue" section front and rear, the chassis provides almost no strength at that point and the bulkheads taper down in that area enough that they just can't hold up to a hard landing on either end. The front and rear chassis brace mods won't stop it entirely either, but it will make it so that the front or rear can take a harder impact from a bad jump landing without breaking the bulks.
    Last edited by candy76man; 03-27-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
    ????....The front flexes and breaks bulkheads just like the rear...it absolutely needs to be braced, those two extra screws don't stop the chassis from flexing...the flex point is where the chassis transitions to the "tongue" section front and rear, the chassis provides almost no strength at that point and the bulkheads taper down in that area enough that they just can't hold up to a hard landing on either end. The front and rear chassis brace mods won't stop it entirely either, but it will make it so that the front or rear can take a harder impact from a bad jump landing without breaking the bulks.
    +1 i agree

RC Racer
    Its definitely got to pointless if you have a roll-cage....
    The ERBE viking will never walk alone

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Erland View Post
    Its definitely got to pointless if you have a roll-cage....
    lol, true, the rc solutions roll cage is the best money I've spent on my revo...makes it extremely hard to break bulks or the chassis.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4