Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    well, heck, that revo conversion didnt look bad at all. maybe ill go that route then, i think the composite (plastic) chassis way might be lighter...but ill try it to see if i like it

i think the only real difference is weight distribution, the ERBE chassis seems to do a better job of it. Especially of you are planning on running 6s.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

angry rant post.

lol not really but i went to change the MMM over to give this guy a rip today and only now did i notice that the spur i picked up from the LHS a couple weeks back was wrong. Did you all know a 50t mod0.8 and a 40t Mod1 are pretty much identical in size... close enough to not even notice it was packaged wrong when i bought 2 40t mod 1 *shakeshead
    Didn't even notice when i mounted it on the truck, only when i went to set the mesh did i get that thought of "hey that's not right"

Oh well it will wait another day, since i don't have any mod 0.8 pinions kicking around that will get me any more than 25 mph...

Gotta swap it over to Mod1, but i hate removing and changing spurs on the fly, so a new one it is from the LHS on Monday.

I would run the gearing from the ERBE-gt but i don't really want a 65mph E-slayer lol

RC Qualifier
    just read all 3 pages :P its a nice build, i like the e Slayer. good job building that E-Slayer Cameron!

Thanks man, now maybe one of these days the weatherman might cooperate and give me a break from the rain to drive it lol.

RC Champion
    In case i missed it, what pinion and spur are you going to start with ?

gonna start with 18/40 and see where that goes. Running Mod1

check that, 18/40 motor hits the ESC mount. picked it up to 20/40. no issues now. It comes to work with me tomorrow hope to catch a sunny break to give it a rip.

This truck is a blast. So much more fun than my original Slayer. (i couldn't convert that truck to a Revo fast enough)
    2200kv MMM v3
    20/40 gearing
    Silver(f) Blue(r) springs on 35wt.

Took it out at work the other day and put it on its lid off my nemesis. We have a speed bump that has flipped EVERY rc i have ever driven over it. Which is messed up since i can drive it around the dirt lot next door for hours and keep it on the wheels but 1 trip over the speed bump and im sliding on plastic. I just need to remember to take pictures BEFORE driving in the parking lot at work.

Basically took the Rockstar logo right off the roof in the parking lot, so i did a bit of re-decalling today too.

Cleaned up after yesterday

RC Qualifier
    Is that a proline flo tek? Or is that a j concepts air flow body?
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

Neither, Associated SC8.

What a change from when i had my first short wb Slayer back a couple years ago.

I'm actually impressed with how well this thing handles. on and off road. Gave it a thorough beat down last weekend out at the lake, very happy with this build.

And didn't break anything either
    Not for lack of trying either, i was going through a sweeping left turn probably a bit faster than i should have been going and clipped a gopher hole with the rear tire, well the truck went flying. Barrel rolled at least 5-6 times before hitting the ground again, at which point it dug in and went flipping again. Landed after all that shiny side up and i kept on going. Kids watching were just amazed lol.

Finally figured out a decent screen for the MMM fan. Got tired of taking it out and shaking it out all the time when grass makes it in there and jams the fan blades.
    Cut up a dryer sheet that has been through the dryer, and put a piece of that between the case and the mount. Nice and breathable and easily replaceable.

Other than that this thing has been an absolute blast for me. Still cannot believe how much fun i have ripping it around, considering how much i hated the original slayer i had a couple years back. Didn't think the Pro 4x4 architecture would make that much difference. Or is it the ERBE chassis and lowered suspension working the magic... either way loving it!

Cut up a dryer sheet that has been through the dryer, and put a piece of that between the case and the mount. Nice and breathable and easily replaceable.
    Dryer sheet? Nice idea...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    So they slayer is bigger than the slash? I was hoping to run my slash 4x4 body, wheels, and motor/esc. I'm piecing an Eslayer roller from the slayer pro and ERBE for $275. I didn't think it would br 1/8th scale.

If you build it on the ERBE chassis yes, they are a bit longer. Not much, but they are bigger. I think even the nitro platform is bigger, it is just so hard to see the difference with the gargantuan bodies clouding your judgement. lol

Nose to tail, my E-SlayerPro4x4 is 24.2" front of front bumper to back of rear
    F/R width on the tires is a tad over 12" maybe 12.25"
    ERBE gives you about a 14.5" Wheelbase.

Put that up beside the slash dimensions (i don't know them) and compare.

the 1/8 scale SC8 body fits it very snug.

Finally got around to changing over to SlayerPro4x4 Springs. Been running ERBE springs all along. Needed to soften it up a tad.
    Stock Slayer Pro4x4 springs f/r but i dropped down to 30wt oil. See if that is too soft or not.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    cameron, sorry if i go off topic here..... what spring are you running on your GT ERBE? i dont remember if i ask you this before but i'm going to ask you again, sorry.
    right now i have the green and orange and it seem to have a bit of body roll on cornering. i want to try the silver and blue next.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

No worries, on my ERBE-GT Im running the silver and blue option springs from the ERBE. With the limiters they are VERY stiff, i have literally zero body roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Finally got around to changing over to SlayerPro4x4 Springs. Been running ERBE springs all along. Needed to soften it up a tad.
    Stock Slayer Pro4x4 springs f/r but i dropped down to 30wt oil. See if that is too soft or not.
    Why did you change over the springs?? Do you still have the limiter inside the shock?

I'm running blue and silver with a mixture of 35 and 50 wt oil with 1 spacer to limit and blue bumper. I've been running it on grass and dirt.

I've also got the SC8 body...mine catches on the ground because it overhangs the rear bumper so I had to cut quite a bit of the rear body away. Have you experienced similar problems?
    Rock n Rolla !

I changed them over because it was very stiff, i was thinking about it and aside from a pushrod spacer i was essentially running the same setup as my ERBE-gt.
    Still need to drive it to see if i like it softened up, but i keep seeing stuff like the SC8 and they generally sit VERY low, lots of droop, and when airborne then the wheels get a ton of gap and absorb everything on the way down and barely any chassis slap. Not sure of the ERBE rocker style suspension will work that good or not. Time will tell.
    Here is how it sits now vs before.
    Now

Before

I actually have my body forward a bit (almost too far) my rear posts line up with the rearmost roll bar hump on the SC8 shell.
    Leaves the body basically even with the bumper itself.
    Only if im up on the tail in a big wheel-stand do i get much body scrub back there.

I've got my body almost the same as you first did before you moved it so far forward. Mine was catching terribly when in a wheel stand and cracked the body on the left and right side next to the rear bumper.

I would of thought with the softer suspension you would get more chassis slap and more wheel rub on the body.

I have my preload set at the moment that when I push the chassis to the ground my springs are almost fully collapsed. I haven't been getting much chassis slap...I find with the stiffer suspension my handling is like a beast...very responsive.

You have probably seen my build thread in the eRevo forum MITCH316 eSlay-Revo.

I have tried to PM you a few times on some questions on your GT build in case I ever want to turn the eSlayer into one.
    Rock n Rolla !

yeah my inbox has been full for i don't know how long lol. someone finally told me about it.

Softer will definitely increase slap if its too soft. i'll have to monitor that once i get a chance to get it out. im not against going back to revo spec springs, or maybe some double black slayer springs first. i have a box full of springs to mess around with and a long line of fluids to try as well.

I wanted to soften it up a bit for nothing other than to see if i can get it tail happy. As it was it was so responsive i couldn't get it to slide the backside out at all, it would just turn.

Are you running yours on dirt or road??

Here is a youtube clip of mine...tell me what you think of the suspension compared to yours...suspension has been on my mind quite a bit since I built this truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5iJq6fKLOg

Are you still running the limiter in your setup?...wouldn't thicker diff lube in the rear make your back end slide out?
    Rock n Rolla !

Great Video
    Mine sees a lot of grass out at the lake. Even at home i keep it in the fields, i have stuff for on the roads, no sense running this on the street for anything extended.
    Yours is looking fairly similar to how mine acts, i don't run across to much loose surface dirt though.
    Not anywhere i normally run anyways.

As for setup, right now i am running the blue bumper and 1 pushrod spacer on all 4 shocks.
    30wt fluid front and rear.
    Springs are Double Blue/White on the rear and Double Orange/white up front.
    Diff fluid is all ERBE stock, i have not changed that yet.
    (i tend to play the wait till it leaks/breaks game on diffs, before tearing into them)

19/40 gearing
    4s lipo (2x 50c SPC 5400 usually)

Thanks mate.

My setup is as follows:
    silver spring front with vdp 3; flap at bottom for compression (may need to change to top) blue bumper & 1 pushrod spacer all round
    blue spring rear with vdp 2; flap at bottom for compression
    mixture of 50 and 35 wt OFNA shock oil (50/50 mix)

I am running aluminium diff case and cup F/R with 30K traxxas lube F and mixture of 30K & 10K traxxas lube in the rear (50/50 mix)

MOD1 20/38 gearing
    4s lipo (2x 45c overseas co. name 7600)
    Rock n Rolla !

Installed the Traxxas Sway bar kit today. No that the truck needed it for handling, but i had one here.
    Don't think the summit or ERBE-GT needs it
    Plus now i can freely rotate my rear shock preload rings.
    Other than that, SNOW so nothing new.

RC Qualifier
    so are you putting spacers in side the shock to lower them ,and i went to the revo spring orange fronts and gold rear with 37.5 wt oil it took all the chassis slap out of the truck the stock slayer was to soft but with the stock suspension it would power slide like a champ ,why did you guys go with the mod one gearing ,i still have the .8 mod and went with 24/52 im about to try 25/50 and see how that works

Im not sure the truck needs the travel limiting, but it does lower CG a tad making the truck in theory more stable.

I run Mod 1 for the fact i have a bunch of Mod 1 gears here and mod 1 pinions galore.

Im not sure the truck needs the travel limiting, but it does lower CG a tad making the truck in theory more stable.

I run Mod 1 for the fact i have a bunch of Mod 1 gears here and mod 1 pinions galore.
    I've got a spare set of shocks here...going to try them on my eSlayer without the limiters, 35W shock oil in and green spring all round with VDP #1 this time. I find my rear bucks up a lot on the current set up when the ground is uneven. The front stays planted.

My current setup at the moment...1 limiter plus blue bumper, 35W shock oil, Green F / Gold R and VDP #3 all round.
    Rock n Rolla !

The rear will buck regardless shock travel. it is lower than the chassis plate. That is my one "hey they finally did that right" with the new LCG chassis on the Slash4x4 the rear end is a touch higher than the main chassis plate.

I haven't ran mine on real choppy terrain yet, that said i haven't had it on a track. All the driving i have done so far is in a flat grass field and on the road. Seems fairly planted as it is.

Current setup/ how she sits pics.

This is where the truck sits normally. i like it

Might need to add some preload to the rear end though, it is a bit saggy.

Last edited by Cameron; 12-19-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Paint job on your truck looks sweet....
    Rock n Rolla !

Thanks
    Cant take credit for it though, buddy of mine puts all the paint down for me. I always find myself rushing paint, not matter how slow i try to go. Mess it up every time. He is trying to expand his business so i am more than happy to provide him with shells and materials for Practice jobs and examples for his website

RC Qualifier
    i run the rear lower than the front here is a pic of my truck the way it sit today

The rear will buck regardless shock travel.
    I may try the pushrod set on the inner hole for the rear...I am still going to try without the limiters and see if it makes any difference to the performance and handling.

This truck is doing a fair bit of jumping...nothing to big, just having a blast.
    Rock n Rolla !

Oddball question, but im gonna ask it anyways :P

I am about to cut down some revo shafts for my E-SlayerPro4x4. Not having cut the Revo shafts before are you ok to just hacksaw them or should i go with a dremel? (i have both) I have not cut them before so i do not know if they are just plastic or if there is a fiber element as well to them?

Told you it was a silly question.

RC Qualifier
    Hacksaw Works Great Their Just Plastic

Thanks

I found a spare spare tube and cut it last night to find this out. I thought for sure i saw fibers in them when i snapped one back on my first ERBE build.

Got a set of Jconcepts Choppers now on some White Trinidad 17mm SC rims. Nice look. Im worried these tires are on the soft side though. Hope they don't just burn clean off on me right out of the pit box in the spring.

Ordered a new Proline Flo-Tek Shell for the Slayer Pro from my LHS. Should see it in a couple weeks.
    Figured that this was my only vehicle without an alternate shell, may as well pick one up