Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Nah I don't have a build thread. I plan on posting pics sOon as I fix my cam.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Stopping here tonight.

So this will be a holding pattern till more parts arrive. My body (AE SC8) is actually sitting at the post office i just found out so i will have it tomorrow, and i can start figuring out a way to widen the body mounts.
    What wheel hexes are those?
    I am hoping to build one of these and want to run 1/8 buggy Badlands.
    thanks

Those are the Ofna 17mm Hexes for the tmaxx. part # 81175
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

Underside

Ride height

Magic parts bag showed up from JRC on ebay, missing the motor plate and slipper assemblies... waiting for replacements.
    Glue some tires, get the body back from paint and im ready to go

Gonna swap power-plant out of the ERBE-gt for now. Save some money.

RC Champion
    Looking good, all the parts for mine are in the mail. All thats left drive shafts and center skid.

RC Qualifier
    was that an SC8 lid i saw in earlier posts that your using?

Yes its an SC8 shell

RC Champion
    So do you have somebody local that paints your lids for you?

Yes, a buddy of mine is far superior at painting RC bodies. He does all mine for me.

RC Champion
    Well my chassis showed up.

Nice, im probably going to regret not going black when i first got the chassis.

RC Champion
    I new I was going to dye it after I saw the chassis you did for your vette build.

i started dying black with one of my 1/16 cars. everything has been black since lol.

i wanted to start this build so much i didn't bother haha.

I'll do it some day. probably pick up a spare chassis and do it and then transfer everything over.

RC poster

E Salyer

hey dude, you know where can i buy an e slayer or an e raider???...thax

E-Slayer in a sense would be a Slash. Or build an E-Slayer. As for a Raider, search online.
    The Super Derecho

Im convinced now that running Mod1 gears on the conversion builds is problematic at best... They definitely mount "wider" than the Mod 0.8 gears. Twice now i have installed mod1 gearing on my ERBE builds (this and my ERBEgt) and twice now the Mod1 Spur rubs on the ERBE gear cover. I thought i did something wrong the first time and had something backwards or something silly. Took it apart and reassembled a few times to no avail.

Same issue in my ERBE-gt build.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...uild-continued.

Now the problem is fixed one of 2 ways, finding proper Mod 0.8 gearing to work with the SC tires or 1/8 buggy tires. Or chopping a bunch out of the gear cover (which i did on the ERBEgt) or running without the gear cover completely. Not my idea of keeping stuff out of there.

Its really funny because the 2 spur gears side by side don't look any different in width.

What ERBE mod 0.8 gearing could i run to equalize what i would end up with running 20/40 Mod1 (bang on 50mph with my setup). Is there a calculator to make these conversions? or do i just need to play around with the scriptasylum sheet and find something?

RC Champion
    I am going to try mine today with 22t pinion and 56t spur mod 0.8. I will be running 4s and my 2200kv castle. I may be able to get a 24t pinion and 54t spur. I tried a 50t spur and 20t pinion but I the motor plate slot will need some fileing.

RC Qualifier
    is it 1/8 or 1/10?
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

its built on the ERBE chassis so its 1/10 scale but the 1/8 scale Short Course body fits nice.

RC Qualifier
    What was the total cost to make a slayer into to an electric. Thanks

Totally depends how you do it.
    This method (built from scratch on the ERBE chassis) if i added everything up im probably into it for right around $200-250 for all the parts i bought from both the LHS and ebay. And I'm going to be using my power system from my ERBE-gt, if i didn't have that add another $250-300 for the 1/8 BL esc.

If you have a Slayer Pro, and you convert it via the Tekno conversion kit you will spend $129 (i think, didn't look to be sure, maybe less but i don't recall spending any more than that when i converted my first Revo) for the conversion kit alone, and then add your choice of 1/8 electric systems, batteries etc...

Not cheap by any means, but if its an E-Slayer you want and not a Slash 4x4 you gotta pay one way or another.

Just need to swap over the MMM from the ERBE-GT and this guy will be rocking.
    Finally got the shell back from Duane. He tried something new this time

Its a shame it got overcast all of a sudden, this Green has a heck of a shift in it out in the sun

RC Competitor
    The HPI apache sc bOdie looks good would it fit
    You don't need to plug Nitro into the wall

Dont know, i havent looked at the specs on the HPI. Cant say im a fan of their stuff.

RC Qualifier
    nice looking truck! yea i'm just getting around to either convert my slayer pro to electric or just buy blank erevo chassis and build one from scratch. it'll prob be the truck i save my proline flo body for once those finally come in.

The only thing that bugs me is it (the body) looks like it should be about a 1/2" to the front. I might have to play make it fit around the bumper. and knock a couple new holes in it.

Maybe its just me,

But this picture really shows it, im sure if the body was up just that half inch it would look much better.

heres what im talking about.
    yes i already put a different set of tires on, i have WAY too many sets of tires of the 1/8 scale buggy variety lol

With the body moved up half an inch, should have just taken the front bumper off for this pic, but you get the idea.

Last edited by Cameron; 06-05-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: moar peectures

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    i have heard a couple times you shouldnt be braiding your motor wires like that. not an electrician, dont know why.
    as an electrician I know for a fact this would not harm anything..UNLESS this caused the wire to be pulled excessivly tight. other than that its perfectly fine.

I didn't think it would have been an issue.

I heard that somewhere that it wasn't a good idea. Didnt know why, but just went with it. Good to know though

This looks a bit better. Might radius the front wheel wells a tad more to the back.

Probably gonna trim the body up a bit as well, softened the suspension up to get it down, but now the body is almost too low.

Maybe should have pulled the body up a hole, wouldn't have had to take as much out of the grille to clear the bumper. But the angle is weird on the SC8 body, still might have had to do it.

Undersides, ooohhhhh lol

RC Racer
    looks good..that under side shot has my wifes slash goin nuts..****

RC Champion
    What are you going to do for a spring set up? I am running the slayden set up and find it too soft. I going to order new springs and try 50wt oil.

Right now i just have stock Slayer Pro 4x4 springs. changed the fluid out to 40wt.
    Im gonna run it and see how i like it, when i had my sc8 i loved how it was really low, acted like a SC you see on TV, nice and low till it went airborne and the tires just seemed to fall away to soak up all the bump on landing. But there you have the vertical shocks. And for as cool as the Revo based rocker suspension is, it just cant handle the same style. My losi8 buggy i can drop it from 4-5 feet in the air and the chassis doesn't touch on landing. The upright shocks absorb landing so much better.

Ill see how it is, and decide if i want to firm it up at all. On the bench right now it has some decent action. Settles nice and low, tires fall away when you pick it up. So far im not getting the chassis slap but im also minus the ESC and motor and lipos. So time will tell.

RC Champion
    Do you plan to install sway bars? I am using revo sway bars front and rear on mine. They are the smallest ones in the kit. They made a huge difference over the slayer sway bars.

No plan for them just yet, see how much traction roll i get.

RC Qualifier
    im thinkin about doin this same thing. i have a regular slayer 3.3. im curious about the tranny....would the tranny from the nitro truck work? i was looking into buying an e revo chassis. i have a brushless setup waiting to go in something......im hoping to buy a chassis and swap most things over, just buy a motor mount and a few other things....

The ERBE transmission housing is different. Some say it can be done with mods but i haven't seen anyone mount the nitro housing on the ERBE chassis.

I never paid enough attention to see if the guts were the same (just buy housing and swap internals) when i was doing my build, i just bought the Trans complete off ebay.

RC Qualifier
    hmm..ok guess ill have to price that out. i heard the tekno coversion has a high center of gravity, so i figured going this route would solve that problem somewhat. ive had 2 nitro trucks, hated them both. ive considered selling my slayer, but i cant get it to start, so that would hurt a sale, and/or sale price. so ive been mulling over doing something like this to try and have a fun 4x4 electric truck.

thanks...

when buying, make sure to look at the Emaxx BL trans as well for price. Same unit as the ERBE.

regarding the tekno conversion, if you mount the ESC on the provided mount it raises CG a bit more than you might like. But if you run motor braking you can make up a little pad to mount the ESC down low where the throttle/brake servo would have been.

This was my old revo conversion

Not sure how much of a difference it makes since the ESC isnt all that heavy, but it gets it out of the way in terms of being equally as high as the roll bar, potentially putting it in danger in a roll over.

RC Qualifier
    Hey I know that Revo! My friend used to own it hahaha
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

maybe the pink stuff lol, i bought that from a guy in Ontario Canada. Rest of the Revo was all mine haha.

This body was part of the purchase.

i even remember seeing the guys paint thread after the fact on thetoyz forum i think it was. Don't remember if this shell was painted by squirrel or another guy though.

But back to the E-Slayer :P

Finally got the body where i need it in relation to the tires, no rubs on any corners now

Gonna pull the combo from the ERBE-gt tomorrow and take this out for a spin if the rain holds off.
    Last edited by Cameron; 06-08-2012 at 10:10 PM.