Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Next project will be an E-Slayer Pro 4x4

Decided my next build will be an E-Slayer Pro 4x4.

But im going to build it on the ERBE chassis. Anyone done this yet? Or ar most others just Tekno or otherwise based conversion on the 3.3 Chassis?
    Last edited by Cameron; 03-26-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    I use the Tekno on my slayer pro. The truck is a whole different animal! No more tuning the carb every time you take it out. No more spending $30 a Gallon for fuel. Just get a good set of batteries and ur set! I'm running a 3s with mamba monster esc and 2200kv motor and she rips!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by prettyfly93 View Post
    I use the Tekno on my slayer pro. The truck is a whole different animal! No more tuning the carb every time you take it out. No more spending $30 a Gallon for fuel. Just get a good set of batteries and ur set! I'm running a 3s with mamba monster esc and 2200kv motor and she rips!
    I really don't get it
    when you guys change to a E slayer, if you wanted something E why didn't you buy something that was E!!.

Granted it takes a little more work and money to convert from nitro to electric, some people like having the aluminum chassis. The other option is to use an E-Revo chassis and swap everything over.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by flashnitro View Post
    I really don't get it
    when you guys change to a E slayer, if you wanted something E why didn't you buy something that was E!!.
    I had it nitro for about 4 months. Theres was noting wrong with it. I just needed a change and I didn't want to add another rc car to what I already have. So it seemed like the best option for me to do. And my local rc track is indoors and can't run nitro in there. And it was a lot cheaper this way then buying a e Revo. So I'm very happy on how it turned out and overall paformance of my e slayer! And I love tinkering with my trucks and it's alwas good to have something different then everyone else. So that's why I converted mine. And it's faster and easier to maintain. Just plug the battery in and off I go! Let stuff to carry when I go out. No fuel to worrie about. Fuel filler bottle. Extra glow plugs. Just all the stuff that has to deal with running nitro. When I bought it I had no plans to convert it. But I happened and I enjoy it much better! Guess its just a personal preference.

RC Competitor
    I have done the teckno conversion on my 3.3 revo and I have a erevo chassis slayer both are awesome haha

i tekno'd my first 3.3 and ran it E-style for a while and decided to upgrade to an XT8e.

Been there done that. didnt care for the exposed battery on the revo conversion. it was just too open.

I think this will bea fun build, and im going to force myself to have to swap the MMM from my ERBE-gt. I have to say 4 MMM in various vehicles is enough.

Order is in already for a whole bunch of stuff.

ERBE Chassis
    Skids
    A-arms 5908 model
    ToeLinks 5908 model
    Pushrods 5908 model
    Axle Carriers
    ERBE center Drive Shafts
    Body towers
    Bulkheads
    Differentials from the EMBE
    ERBE diff housings
    Hingepins/plates

Once the a-arms arrive i am going to swap them out with my ERBE-gt since i am looking for old slayer arms on there for the width (i have rub issues with the Slayer Pro setup on there now). So the E-Slayer will get the Pro4x4 parts currently on the ERBEgt.

RC Champion
    What body do you plan to use?

i think i will use the Associated SC8 body. it fits no questions asked. where as most others aside from the Slayer Pro 4x4 bodies require a bit of finesse to get them working right.

Fitting my 2000th post starts this build/rebuild. I'll get pics up later, i received my Slayer arms yesterday so the swap can begin. I was hoping my chassis would have arrived already so that i could get it dyed and get building over the weekend. BUT mother nature had other plans and i do not think it will make it here today. Nasty Snowstorm around here today.

So the arms are coming off the ERBE-gt instead. I'll be reinstalling them on the new chassis once its here.

RC Champion
    How are you making out, any progress ? I am considering going this route when my body has bit the dust. Do you know if there is any difference between the summit and e revo chassis ?

RC Champion
    Also what do you think you going to run for spur and pinion on this with the smaller tires and e revo tranny.

Finally got the other half of the starter parts today, doing assembly tonight. Then just need to wait for a couple more parts.
    Rockers/Rocker posts/bearings. I thought i had a spare set, but don't. Must have included them when i sold the ERBE.

Also decided to buy a transmission as well as i am pretty sure i will end up with different gearing than the ERBE-gt (i was planning on originally swapping the trans/motor/esc between the 2)

To your question about the chassis the only difference is on the summit there are a couple small half moon notches picked out of the chassis where the diff lock goodies drop through. But they are the same chassis.

I'm probably going to run Mod1 gearing. In the area of 18/36-20/38 or somewhere around there. Haven't done a huge amount of checking to see where i should start at. I could be waaaaaaay off lol. But if nothing else if i swap to Mod1 i can just start with Slayer Pro 4x4 stock gearing and go from there.

Heres a couple pics of the build so far.

One thing i think i will want to do is widen the body mounts. Gonna have to get creative for that i think.

Also gotta see how long i leave the chassis grey. I did my ERBE and ERBE-gt black... im sure i wont like the grey for too long haha

Stopping here tonight.

So this will be a holding pattern till more parts arrive. My body (AE SC8) is actually sitting at the post office i just found out so i will have it tomorrow, and i can start figuring out a way to widen the body mounts.

RC Champion
    I was thinking starting with the slayer pro gearing would leave you under geared. I know the the revo 3.3 tranny is geared lower than the slayer tranny. Not sure what the e revo tranny is geared at.
    If you check out my e slayer thread I have put a wider rear body mount on mine from a emaxx pretty easy.
    Your slayer is coming along great. The arms are off the original slayer correct ?

no these are pro 4x4 parts.

lol in front of a 40" tv for reference.

RC Champion
    That's looking good Cameron. How well are the wheels tucked under the body.
    I am currently bidding on some e revo chassis on the bay right now.

They will rub a bit on full compression right now. have to wait till i get the rockers installed to see just how bad, might raise the body up a notch or radius the wheel wells a bit. That picture above it sitting on the chassis. The suspension isn't connected right now.

RC Champion
    Do you think the og slayer arms will pull the wheels in too far ?

its half an inch each side, but im sure you can recover that with out issues by backing out the pillow balls or installing those integy +6mm offset 17mm hubs. (i have a set of those on the way for my ERBE-GT)

I would think that with the original slayer arms and either pillow balls out a bit or those hubs they would fit almost perfect to the width of the SC8 body shell.

RC Champion
    I wonder if it is possible to make the sc8 roll cage work on this chassis with out too much hassle ? It would be pretty sweet and help with body longevity.

Anything is possible but it would take some work. it mounts on the body posts which are not that close to the traxxas locations.

The SC8 cage doesn't mount to the chassis, when i had mine it always just looked at it as a dress up part lol. The integrated dirt shields were nice though.

Would be interesting to see it now and see if it is close to fitting around the ERBE chassis though. Or if it could be mounted TO the erbe chassis somehow.

RC Champion
    When I was on Greathobbies looking at sc8 bodies I noticed they had a cage in stock for just over $40 that is what got me wondering.
    The cheapest place I could find an sc8 clear body was on eBay. I believe it is $60 shipped. Do they come with pre drilled holes ?

no, had to drill them out myself. i don't see a reason why you couldn't run the cage without the shields with the ERBE chassis. Just need to figure out a way to mount it.

vs

That way its just a shell without all the lower stuff to get in the way. Just need to figure out how...
    But i would say it is definitely possible.

This is one of those would be interesting to know kinda deals, but i dont want to know enough to drop $50 on a roll cage that may or may not work. lol

Maybe i'll find someone with an SC8 and ask them if i can see their cage haha

RC Champion
    What batteries are you going to use ?

I have a few SPC 2s. all pairs. 6000/30c 5200/40c 5000/25c 5400/50c and a pair of 5000/50c from my lhs.

Eventually i think this body is going to be reamed for almost every rig i have lol.

Right now i can use in on a Nitro Revo, ERBE, E-Slayer and my XT8e lol.

RC Champion
    Well it's on now. Won a e revo chassis on the bay last night.

RC Competitor
    I just finished building mine. And all I can say is holy cow!!!! I have a MM 2200kv converted revo, a RX8 T8 2000kv summit, and I put a MM 2200kv in my ESlayer with a 24t pinion and it sooooo fast!!! I got the suspension dialed in perfect with some integy blue springs on summit shockbodies with the stock 50K and swaybars. Its a beast and really fun to drive, but dirt is a must! This would drift awesome if I had the wheels and tires LOL

RC Champion
    Ray do you have a build thread ?

RC Racer
    heres mine so far. just waiting on a few more little parts and she ready to rock

RC Champion
    What arms are you using. The original or the pro's ?

RC Racer
    There slayer pro a arms.

i have heard a couple times you shouldnt be braiding your motor wires like that. not an electrician, dont know why.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    i have heard a couple times you shouldnt be braiding your motor wires like that. not an electrician, dont know why.
    ok thanks for the info ill undo them.

RC Champion
    People used to braid them when running the old style fm and am radios for less interference and glitching I belive. No problems when running 2.4 ghz.