RC Champion

Question ERBE Purchase Question

I've wanted to join the ERBE league since I first bought my 1:16 at the start of this year. I just posted a thread last night in the mini erevo forum asking, "who here has gone from 116 to the big guy?" Since then I keep getting pm's saying:

"differentials always break"
    "bulkheads are crap and always break"
    "shafts break all day every day"

What the heck!?!? I've driven my car in to a pole and that snapped the chassis, bulkhead etc.. the standard repair when you drive your car full speed in to a solid object. It seems that just DRIVING will shatter the ERBE!? I don't want to spend $750 to then have to turn around spend another $20 on gas, and $25 on parts, each day!

Am I reading correctly? I mean I plan on driving around my grass/pavement on 4s, I'm not big on jumping at all but I'm big on slow/fast driving. I don't want to do 60mph or get 6feet in the air.

I've loved the look and setup of these cars but all of the sudden it seems they are a major nightmare!

RC Champion
    No you will be fine. Your experience with the 1:16 is a major adantage as you know how to operate an rc correctly. The bulkheads can break if you jump 6 feer attempting a front flip onto hard packed dirt. The diffs can break if you attempt ridiculous tricks with a tight slipper... So keep it 1/4 to 1/2 turn out.

I would say the truck is designed for 4s lipo use and shouldnt break anything unless you drive like a beginner. (slamming intocurbs, major cartwheeling, WOT jump landings)
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Qualifier
    What you are hearing is the overblown urban myths from people that have never owned them.

Yes, they can have drive train issues. But most that I have seen on here can be attributed more to driver errors and/or inexperience. Sometimes combined with 6s.

If you will be using it with 4s and mild bashing, it will be plenty durable. It is a very solid truck on 4s.
    ERBE, Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4

RC Qualifier
    Bought one in November for my son and yes imo the responses you heard are spot on. I've already put atleast $300 in replacement stock parts on it. its a expensive truck to own.
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Qualifier
    this is my second Erevo Brushless , I've had good experiences and I drive hard and fun ! so far so good . only upgrade is rear trx cvd's .
    ERBE - 8ight T/E - Kyosho Inferno

RC Qualifier
    let me add I don't know if I would drop $750 on a brandy new one , I bought used and built it up for far less . The ERBE can be had for $450-500 ish around here on c-list and regular brushed ones are around $250 max . (then dump a 1/8 system in it)
    ERBE - 8ight T/E - Kyosho Inferno

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I've had my ERBE since October. The sucker is a beast. I've put some good upgrades into it. I love to run 6s but mainly stick with 4s and the occasional 5s. 4s will still give you tons of fun, good bashing speeds and a half hours worth of fun. I run 2 -2s 5400 50c SPC Lipos, more than enough juice for it to eat up. You will definitely enjoy little MERV bigger brother. But always remember the bigger the truck the more it cost to repair. LOL

Wish ya luck and hope you get one soon!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    If your not planning on achieving the 60mph as it states on the box, you should stick with 4s.

RC Champion
    Thanks for the replies guys! I realized when I woke up this morning, "I want an E-Revo... but I already have one!" and I've turned that one (the mini) into a hybrid racer/basher/crawler and am as happy as I can be with it! It's a totally awesome car!

I've just told a hobby shop to put their new Summit in the back for me. Locking diffs, two gears, off-roading, crawling, even with some stupid LEDs pre-mounted haha! So I've decided I'm getting a Summit. As I said I just don't care for INSANE speed - I don't live in the city so it would be a rare occurance anyway. With a forest, tons of huge hills, wood blocks, rock blocks everything, my property is screaming at me to get a Summit!

Still has the E-Revo soul underneath though imo

*cheers

Sound like he Summit is the truck for you, it's a good choice....too
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys! I realized when I woke up this morning, "I want an E-Revo... but I already have one!" and I've turned that one (the mini) into a hybrid racer/basher/crawler and am as happy as I can be with it! It's a totally awesome car!

I've just told a hobby shop to put their new Summit in the back for me. Locking diffs, two gears, off-roading, crawling, even with some stupid LEDs pre-mounted haha! So I've decided I'm getting a Summit. As I said I just don't care for INSANE speed - I don't live in the city so it would be a rare occurance anyway. With a forest, tons of huge hills, wood blocks, rock blocks everything, my property is screaming at me to get a Summit!

Still has the E-Revo soul underneath though imo

*cheers
    Shocking!
    You decided what you'd be doing with your new vehicle for most of the time and then you: went...and...bought...the...best...vehicle...for.. .that!
    Sometimes that simple course of action is not the easiest to follow. But if your play area consists of a lot of "There's no WAY I'm making up/down/over there" places, you probably have found its match.
    Kudos.

BTW, the ERBE can do about 90% of what the Summit can do...but those last 10% are very sweet. I enjoy both trucks immensely.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =