RC poster

Smile I bought my E-Revo 2 weeks ago and need help.

Ok, I bought this truck and purchased 3S batteries made by Traxxas. I also bought the fast charger and the dual 3s charger accessory.

I destroyed 2 tires the first day I used those batteries, it is a lot of power, but I thought the tires would resist that speed since the box says that we can use those batteries and achieve 65 miles per hour.

Yesterday I bought a set of 2 17 mm tires and do not have the same design, these tires are the ones of the E-maxx brushless, all the hobby stores were I went here in South Miami did not have the E-Revo tires..

Anyways, I put the E-Maxx tires in the rear and the E-revo tires in the front, the truck looked very nice.

I took it again to Tropical park and took it to the max, but the new tires again went like a donut and blew up.

I have destroyed 4 tires in 2 weeks.

I bought the ERBE, and paid 799 dollars plus tax for it because I wanted to take it to that speed but never knew the parts of the truck could not hold that speed. If I wanted a slow car that only supports 2S lipo I would not have paid that amount of money.

I love this truck, it is a rush of adrenaline, and want to keep it, but I do not want to spend money on tires every week, my question is ... is there a tire that can be used on grass which can resist 3S lipos?

I do not use my truck on pavement, what wheels/tires can I buy? Wheels/tires that resist 3S lipo speeds and jumps. Are there any tires and wheels that do not open where the joint between the wheel and the tire is.

Also, what spur gear can resist 3s Lipo batteries? I melted 1 and other went teeth-less.

Pardon my English, where I live Spanish is the first language.

Your help will be appreciated.

Everybody in the park, and I literally mean over 50 people stopped what they were doing at the park to see my truck go ballistic. This truck cuts the grass, jumps, does back flips, it is so amazing. A guy offered me money today to purchase my truck, right there in the park.

I would like to know about wheels/tires and spur gears that can resist that speed.

Thanks.
    Last edited by bono983; 03-25-2012 at 08:15 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    you gotta ease off the throttle sometimes bud, sounds like you just gun it from standing still, that causes it to strip gears.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC poster
    Well, the spur gears cost like 3$ each. That expense does not hurt and I really do not mind buying 1 new spur gear every time I use the truck.

But I do really need information on tires that can resist bashing with 3S lipos.

Do you know about any?

I even put crazy glue in the joint between the wheel and the tire to see if that helps, it does help a little bit.

What tires are you using for your E-Revo?
    Last edited by bono983; 03-25-2012 at 08:23 PM.

badlands taped three wraps no ballooning more pic on post 80 & 81

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4908845

Do you have Castle Link to set the LVC to 3.4v per cell & take a little power out of it.

alot of good info

AOD's Links Revo

Erevo 101:
    EREVO FAQ

Lipo, LVC, Brushless & Battery charger/charging guides & purchasing links:
    TUTORIALS

Refer to this to setup the Mamba Monster ( MMM ) esc for maximum performance:
    CASTLE LINK GUIDE

Refer to this to find parts, upgrades, batts & chargers etc:
    USEFUL LINKS

And direct from CastleCreations ( the esc manufacturers ):
    MMM FAQ

Driver's ED Manual

LED warning light meanings

& hope you are watching temps

temp gun is kind of a must have.....

Hot motor + cool esc = under geared.
    Cool motor + hot esc = over geared
    Everything warm just right..

Motor ~ 180/190*F maximum, ideally 140/160*F, temps can be 10* higher inside the motor
    ESC ~ pretty much same temps / Fan comes on @ 150*F
    Lipo's ~ 140*F max, ideally 100/120*F
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    Thanks for these links 87 GN, I am going to read them.

Quickly, can you point me (web link) to the best tires/wheels for bashing with 3S Lipos? Brand/Model? Which ones are you using? I want to buy them tonight, via online. This truck is a beast!
    Last edited by bono983; 03-25-2012 at 08:50 PM.

pic in my first link to Sum~Revo

only one I can find, non on Ebay
    https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=PRO117800
    geodes
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Summ...item20c41d3863
    or
    https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=TRA5671

edit the foams will be big, but do not cut them, pack it in it will go.
    Order some CA tire glue too...
    Last edited by 87 GN; 03-25-2012 at 08:55 PM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    He'll tell you how to make a great tire that will do better than anything you can buy.

With a change in tire diameter or your motor overheats you'll want to know how to gear it correctly. Slow down a little. Crazy glue sucks for tire glue get some proline tire glue and always clean the bead before reapplying.
    Last edited by BL-Bob; 03-25-2012 at 09:10 PM.

RC poster
    Thank You very much!

RC Champion
    A bit of work is required to make a good set of tires.
    You need to belt them, glue them, and then balance them.

The tape that you want to "belt" the inside of the badland tire with is this Tough and Wide 3" Gorilla Tape. http://www.gorillatough.com/index.php?page=gorilla-tape Its not plain duct tape as it is reinforced and very sticky. It is possible to find other tapes, but be sure it is reinforced and very sticky. I found this at Lowe's in U.S.

Flip the new tire inside out to apply the tape. The tire may need to be wiped down to make sure its clean of powder etc. You unroll two or three feet of the tape on a flat surface. Then slowly roll the tire onto to tape and make it twice around for strength. End just overlapping where you started. Then flip right side out again and you have just belted a tire.

Now glue them. Just assemble and go at it making sure to let thr glue set for a few seconds in each spot.

The final step is to balance. Its the same concept of a 1:1 scale car/truck balancing their tires. You will need a balancer, model clay or office supply sticky tac, and small weights or nuts.

Balancers can be bought (dynamite or losi brand), or made. Look in this thread at post #43 with the homemade balancer. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5055769 Also If you want to disconnect an axle at the hub carrier you can balance from the truck itself.
    Last edited by anr2442; 03-25-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Enthusiast
    welcome tothe money pit.get out while you still have money left.the erbe is not tough enough to handle the mmm motor set up if you dont enjoy taking it apart to fix it better get rid of this problem child