Thread: slayer 4x4

RC poster

slayer 4x4

I just picked up a slayer and am lookin for advice as to wat I should upgrade to make it stronger better overall and to not hsve it roll over as much.

RC Competitor
    Swaybars will help with the roll issue... Well and tuning the suspension.

start off with 50w shock fluid. that will help greatly. and then go to sway bars.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC poster
    Thanks for the advice. Def will do that n c how it helps.. any aftermarkert parts I should look into? im guna do all rpm eventually but wana solve these issues first

RC Competitor
    I am new to the slayer platform, what does rpm offer for these trucks?

basically nothing at all. but the fact that they are sharing parts with a revo means you can use some of those parts. so maybe bumper mounts?, head guards which are not needed in my opinion, axle carriers, and thats about it lol.

but you can check out tekno rc as well. they have some parts
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC poster
    Rpm does not offer much. I'm Guna turn it into a shorter revo. I have everything except my a arms n push rods. Most revo parts bolt up

RC Competitor
    That's no fun lol. I have a summit and a converted 3.3. The erevo chassis slayer with sway bars was way more fun to drive IMO.

RC poster
    I broke my front bulkhead at the track yesterday.. any suggestions on shock adjustments for better jumping? It.didn't want to balance for nothin. it would nose up or some down. N i wasn't goin in full throttle either..

Quote Originally Posted by rabitt_6_9 View Post
    I broke my front bulkhead at the track yesterday.. any suggestions on shock adjustments for better jumping? It.didn't want to balance for nothin. it would nose up or some down. N i wasn't goin in full throttle either..

One thing you can do is learn how to control the truck off the jump and when it's in the air. coming off the jump if you let off the throttle just before you leave the ramp it will nose down and if you keep the throttle after you leave the ramp it will nose up. A good thing is you can still correct it in the air by hitting the brakes to get it to nose down or giving it throttle and it will bring the nose back up. check some videos on you tube of people jumping or racing and you can see just how much you can control the truck in the air.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Competitor
    On my E Slayer I have summit shock bodies with the stock 50K and Integy Blue springs (think the are like 25lb or something like that IDK LOL they are old, swapped out a couple different spring sets and these fit best). With a sway bar kit and I dont think it could honestly handle any better.

RC poster
    It wasnt jumping that broke the bulk. Someone had the.same frequency n both r rcs took off n mine hit a curb n his a tree.