Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mile 300 Alaska Highway, B.C Canada
    Posts
    535

    RC AUTOBAHN: 4S Speedrun #2: Length:5km Top Speed:76MPH / 123km/h ONBOARD

    Got off early from work today and weather was beautiful so I couldn't resist. Lowered it around an inch and put 2nd 2S batt under chassis and ran wires thru chassis. Not nearly as top heavy as it was before. Set up the camber and toe with susp lowered. Handles way better now even with the Anacondas on it. Used Annas for lowtech version of CVT. Should be able to gear up to a 38pinion now and break 80mph.
    3/4 way thru vid I almost lose it and go up on 2 wheels at around 95-100km/h. Hung on though! The XO-1 will be cake to drive like this considering it's designed for it and my contraption is not.

    Let me know what you think.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Nantucket, Ma,USA
    Posts
    192
    Nice run !! sweet job !!
    Nice to see you,in my rearveiw mirror!

  3. #3
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,215
    Haha love where it crashes into the snow..

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    270
    Pretty sweet.

    I really liked seeing close up how the tires were ballooning.

    Keep'em coming

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Nitro, WV
    Posts
    128
    Now thats just awesome. Would love to have some open road like that to play on. To many mountains in WV though.

  6. #6
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Frisco, Texas
    Posts
    32
    What was your motor temp at the end of the run?
    Slash 4x4 Platinum
    Slash 2wd
    Tamiya TA05 v2 VTA

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mile 300 Alaska Highway, B.C Canada
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by fxman View Post
    What was your motor temp at the end of the run?
    only 81fahrenheit. It was 3celsius outside
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    Let me know what you think.
    Amazing video. That is how my daydreams look.

    The wheels were great, slide the camera back if anything, it's cool seeing the truck work.

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mile 300 Alaska Highway, B.C Canada
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    Amazing video. That is how my daydreams look.

    The wheels were great, slide the camera back if anything, it's cool seeing the truck work.
    I dreamed of doing this since the 80's, when budget, parent's, RC's and Camera tech said no. Next run is going to get nostalgic and record the run with ye ole VHS shoulder mount home movie camera!
    Yes, I agree and after I sorted out susp, installed underbatt and got it all ready, I started to mount camera out back. Then I got nervous because the last run had those other wheels and was the first time I went well over 100km/h and that was the limit for being in control. Over 100 was mega sketchy so I decided to mount the camera where it was protected as much as possible by cage. I knew the anaconda's expansion was going to gear me up too so I didn't know what was going to happen. Next one will be further back now that I'm a little more confident. I was even worried one of the anas might blow out like yours did. Speaking of which how fast were u going when it happened to you?
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

  10. #10
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Central OH
    Posts
    1,048
    Your videos are some of my favorites to 'ride along' with
    Man that thing is singing and moving along, that was a long distance you went, not much traffic!
    Cool........when does the X0-1 get on the road for you?

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mile 300 Alaska Highway, B.C Canada
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    Your videos are some of my favorites to 'ride along' with
    Man that thing is singing and moving along, that was a long distance you went, not much traffic!
    Cool........when does the X0-1 get on the road for you?
    Soon I hope, need to get Ipod for it. Thinking of stealing wifes Iphone. Thanks for the compliments. Hoping to eventually have an RC buddy of mine drive XO-1 while I drive Slash behind and film it at this speed. Then watch the XO1 squat down and pull away. Or hit each other and drive over both with my real car. lol
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

  12. #12
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    185
    Great video! Is that the GoPro?

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mile 300 Alaska Highway, B.C Canada
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    Your videos are some of my favorites to 'ride along' with
    Man that thing is singing and moving along, that was a long distance you went, not much traffic!
    Cool........when does the X0-1 get on the road for you?
    Soon I hope, need to get Ipod for it and install a clear windshield. Thinking of stealing wifes Iphone. Thanks for the compliments. Hoping to eventually have an RC buddy of mine drive XO-1 while I drive Slash behind and film it at this speed. Then watch the XO1 squat down and pull away. Or hit each other and drive over both with my real car. lol

    Not much traffic at all. I have an FM Tranciever in my pickup and most of these roads are "Radio controlled" also. Thats why you see those little yellow signs with "20" or "25" or some # on them. I listen to people call thier km so I usually know when someones coming and if I don't I'll ask. 9 out of 10 times the boys say let er rip! The guy in that white bobtail knew I was coming. I was going to wait for him before I started but he told me to go for it he wanted to see it. After I went by he said "Headlights too?! Thats the coolest thing I've seen all day!"
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mile 300 Alaska Highway, B.C Canada
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by NewSlashOwner View Post
    Great video! Is that the GoPro?
    Thanks man. Nope it's a ContourHD 1080p.

    http://contour.com/products
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    I was even worried one of the anas might blow out like yours did. Speaking of which how fast were u going when it happened to you?
    I'm surprised you're getting 76 out of anacondas... Mine was a ebay slick, I was geared tall, like 110 mph. I was going maybe 70... I don't have a way to measure, just compared to the XO that I had just driven... looked like 70 to me. I went full throttle, and the truck got out of line. I think it unloaded through the diff to spin that one wheel at ... who knows how fast... and it shattered.

    But the guys I run XO with have had that same tire past 80 on their GTP's.... so my incident is anecdotal.


    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    Soon I hope, need to get Ipod for it and install a clear windshield.
    Spendy, but they offer clear bodies now!


    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    Thinking of stealing wifes Iphone. Thanks for the compliments. Hoping to eventually have an RC buddy of mine drive XO-1 while I drive Slash behind and film it at this speed. Then watch the XO1 squat down and pull away. Or hit each other and drive over both with my real car. lol
    Nuts... I want to see it, but use caution man. Also you can borrow the phone, unlock the car, and drive it like any other car without telemetry.

    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    Not much traffic at all. I have an FM Tranciever in my pickup and most of these roads are "Radio controlled" also. Thats why you see those little yellow signs with "20" or "25" or some # on them. I listen to people call thier km so I usually know when someones coming and if I don't I'll ask. 9 out of 10 times the boys say let er rip! The guy in that white bobtail knew I was coming. I was going to wait for him before I started but he told me to go for it he wanted to see it. After I went by he said "Headlights too?! Thats the coolest thing I've seen all day!"
    Thats crazy, makes me want to try working in Alaska... Radio controlled road means they know where everyone is? Thats really cool too.

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mile 300 Alaska Highway, B.C Canada
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    I'm surprised you're getting 76 out of anacondas... Mine was a ebay slick, I was geared tall, like 110 mph. I was going maybe 70... I don't have a way to measure, just compared to the XO that I had just driven... looked like 70 to me. I went full throttle, and the truck got out of line. I think it unloaded through the diff to spin that one wheel at ... who knows how fast... and it shattered.

    But the guys I run XO with have had that same tire past 80 on their GTP's.... so my incident is anecdotal.


    Spendy, but they offer clear bodies now!




    Nuts... I want to see it, but use caution man. Also you can borrow the phone, unlock the car, and drive it like any other car without telemetry.

    Thats crazy, makes me want to try working in Alaska...
    This run I put the 50% treadlife tires on the front and the 95% treadlife tires on rear. Sounds like yours had only 1%-5% left so I'm not as worried now.

    I was leary of using wifes Iphone because I didn't want it to wind up only working with hers and then not wanting to connect or give grief with new one later. I've read of people having problems trying to switch pods and/or program multiple models into it. One guys was working fine until he programed some other models into it, then it wouldn't control any of them.

    Actually I live in Canada at Mile 300 of the Alaska Highway in British Columbia. This video was shot about 50 miles from the Yukon border. This Highway goes to the Yukon and Northwest Territories. The "Location" in my name box on here reads kinda wierd. Most people miss the "Highway" part of it.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •