RC Competitor

Revo ?: Pinion or Clutchbell

Hello,

Any Converters out there mind helping me with this doubt. Would the Pinion be the best option for the conversion or the electri clutch from Tekno? I currently have the electi clutch that came with tekno conversion.

-Miza
    A.K.A MAXX05
    3 Revos and counting
    1 Mini Revo

RC Champion
    The only argument that I've seen that was a reasonably good reason to use the tekno electriclutch deal was to protect the weaker drivetrain of the revo3.3...but isn't that like having two slipper clutches? I guess if I had all the stuff for the tekno conversion already I would just use it to avoid spending more money.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

Both my conversions use the pinion. IMHO it is simpler with less moving parts to worry about. I would also recommend locking the trans into second and use the motor for braking (eliminating a servo and, again, simplifying the process). Just make sure to set your slipper correctly and you should be good to go.
    Vantage/MMM/1515 Revo
    MMM/1518 Revo
    T-Maxx 3.3

RC Competitor
    i have the pinion installed 54t/18t

It has the forward only conversion only. just need to program the esc to remove reverse. I will be locking trans later, either when insides get chewed up or i get bored with it thanks for the help
    A.K.A MAXX05
    3 Revos and counting
    1 Mini Revo

What mod are u running for your spur/pinion...0.8 I assume? I am running mod 1 38/15 (RRP gen 3 slipper) on my E-Revo conversion w/ MMM 2200kv on 5s lipos. I would recommend switching to the mod 1...easier to set gear mesh and they seem to hold up better than the smaller toothed mod 0.8. Just my $0.02.
    Vantage/MMM/1515 Revo
    MMM/1518 Revo
    T-Maxx 3.3

RC Competitor
    Yes its the .8 mod which is very true about the gear mesh, its horrible. Didn't like the sound of it
    A.K.A MAXX05
    3 Revos and counting
    1 Mini Revo

RC Competitor
    alright im running a 14t pinion and moves with series of 4200nimh. What i did find was that the pinion moves, i put blue loctite on pinion screw but it didnt help. Any suggestions?
    A.K.A MAXX05
    3 Revos and counting
    1 Mini Revo

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo09 View Post
    alright im running a 14t pinion and moves with series of 4200nimh. What i did find was that the pinion moves, i put blue loctite on pinion screw but it didnt help. Any suggestions?

Are you saying the pinion is sliding on the motor shaft? Blue loctite on the setscrew as you've done and tighten it good and it shouldn't go anywhere. You can put some blue loctite on the motor shaft under the pinion as well but I've never found that to be necessary and it can make it a real pain to get the pinion back off later on.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
    Are you saying the pinion is sliding on the motor shaft? Blue loctite on the setscrew as you've done and tighten it good and it shouldn't go anywhere. You can put some blue loctite on the motor shaft under the pinion as well but I've never found that to be necessary and it can make it a real pain to get the pinion back off later on.
    Yes the pinion slides on the motor shaft
    A.K.A MAXX05
    3 Revos and counting
    1 Mini Revo