RC Competitor

Packing the rear diff???

I was going to pack the rear diff with grease in order to lessen the slip of the axles just a little. I have been having issues with the car pulling to the left really hard under hard acceleration. What type of diff grease should I use or would something like an automotive wheel bearing grease be as good, its nice and thick.....

RC Enthusiast
    A lot of people are using silicone base grease. It seems the the thicker the better all the way up to 500k weight. There are some that have even used silly putty. The Slash diffs are not sealed so the grease will eventually work it's way out.
    Good luck,
    Slash 4x4 Platinum
    Slash 2wd
    Tamiya TA05 v2 VTA

I have used wheel bearing grease with good results but its impossible to clean out of your diff if you decide to change. I have been using Bad Horsie diff grease for a few years and I'm pretty pleased with the performance-tighter diff but still slips on pavement.

I also have the washer mod in one slash and while it works, it slowly chews up your diff internals.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    just wondering if it would do the trick till I get a sealed one from SPC!!!!

RC Champion
    Just wait for your FLM sealed diff then do it up right! However, you might just buy the 100k diff lube and goo up your Traxxas diff as it is soooo thick it would be a while before it oooozes out!
    Some folks have put a small shim or washer between the two output halves on that tiny centering pin to act like a friction plate, you could try that???

RC Qualifier
    bad horsie grease and shims .

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by magnum500sw View Post
    bad horsie grease and shims .
    that was my next question....what type of THICK grease do yall recomend??

For me, I just used what I had laying around. I used engine asembley greese with moly graphite in it. You can buy a big tube a O'riley for 3 bucks or somthing cheap. The color of it is black, and it is basicaly the same gloop you find in a stock slash diff.When I changed the diff lube in my slash i wanted to stay stock so i used that. If you want it back to stock perfomance go with the engine asembley lube. Just my 2 cents
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    I think im just gonna filler up with silly puddy and be done with it!!!!!