Thread: Tires

RC poster

Tires

Well long story short my ERevo Brushless found a good size stream..... I think you can figure out the rest. So my tires got soaked and now a few weeks later still heavy with water in them. Any tips or clues on how to get that wet foam to dry out? or should i just drop a few bucks and get new ones?

RC Qualifier
    put to tiny holes on a side of the tire 180 degrees apart. and turn over revolving and hit throttle . Don't stand near it as you will get wet
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC poster
    There are holes in it, i think thats why there is so much in there.

RC Qualifier
    do you have holes in the tires then all you do is flip it upside down hit the throttle and the water will come out most rims come with holes inside the rims but that will not clear water out
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC poster
    yea there is holes in it and when i do hit the throttle the truck just shakes like a ****. and all the water stays in

RC Qualifier
    Its really hard to get all of the water out. I would boil the tires/wheels and then disassemble them and let the foams thouroughly dry. Then you can tape the tires and reglue them.

RC Qualifier
    Your holes arnt big enough then. Make bigger holes, turn the car upside down and give slow throttle till the water spins out.

Water is water, its either gonna come out or evaporate. You don't need to boil or buy new tires, silly

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by accarguy1995 View Post
    yea there is holes in it and when i do hit the throttle the truck just shakes like a ****. and all the water stays in
    You mean holes in the rim....

What you need are holes in the tread of the tire, right down the centerline. It can be difficult to drill into the tread, i use a solder iron to burn a small hole. Then spinning will draw water to the holes.

But... You probably won't get the shake out until you remove tires and drynthe foams completely.
    Last edited by ducati777; 03-23-2012 at 08:15 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I glue the holes in all my wheels shut. I find dirt and rocks get in there more than anything else

My wheels will also shake when there is water in there. You gotta be patient and just give steady throttle till the water is slung out. I promise

RC poster
    As the guys are saying , slice a 5 mm cut down 2 or 3 opposite side of the middle of the tire and roll the throttle on , the water will come out quick , repeat the next day , after you got all the water out use CA glue and seal those slices up .

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippz View Post
    As the guys are saying , slice a 5 mm cut down 2 or 3 opposite side of the middle of the tire and roll the throttle on , the water will come out quick , repeat the next day , after you got all the water out use CA glue and seal those slices up .
    That sounds like a pretty good idea actually.