RC poster

Castle link questions

Is the castle link just a regular usb cord? And which is better the castle link usb to computer or the field programmer. Which do you recommend. Thank you in advance for all the help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The link is a tiny modem with a standard mini usb on one side and a 3 pin connector on the other to hook up to the ESC's servo wire... well not really a servo... but the wire that goes to the ESC.

The Field Programmer lets you access everything you could through stick programming, but its easier to use. It also has the tiny modem inside it... so its kind of a 2 for 1.... plus.... you can use it in the field... You can use the link too, but then you've got to bring a laptop.

RC poster
    Thank you. So the feild tester is better. I will probly get that. I am picking up my erbe tonight after work. I got it and a kyle busch 1/16 brushless for $275. And a ton of batteries and a charger and tons of part for the erbe. Cant wait to get started playing with it and learning more about it. Eventually want to start racing. I will have more questions as i go. Thank you fir a fast response.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    The field programmer and the link were the same price at my lhs so it was definately the way to go.

RC Qualifier
    iirc there are a couple of functions that only the castle link software has access to.

Definitely not enough to say the field card is not a worthwhile alternative.
    ERBE, Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4

AOD's link..

Refer to this to setup the Mamba Monster ( MMM ) esc for maximum performance:
    CASTLE LINK GUIDE
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    iirc there are a couple of functions that only the castle link software has access to.

Definitely not enough to say the field card is not a worthwhile alternative.
    Even when you use the Field Card has a Castle Link ( when you plug it into a computer ) ??

Since I have an iMac I use the Castle Field Card as a Stand Alone...
    If I had a PC I'd also use it as a Castle Link...

RC Qualifier
    Yes you can still use the link with the field programmer

RC Qualifier
    The castle Link will allow you to update the firmware. I am not sure if you can do it through the field programmer.
    Not enough space here

RC Qualifier
    You can. As was said above a few times, the field programmer interfaces with the castle link software as well as allows quick changes in the field.

The field programmer has a USB mini port on it. IMHO, get the field programmer. It's better as it can link the ESC to the computer and quickly modify settings in the field.