RC Competitor

When crawling Revo goes slow then jumps...?"-/

Last time I played with my Revo I had a crash and it broke chassis! SOO I havnt played with it since, it did hhave a nice mud bath and perhaps got a little wet.

Today when I turned it on after fixin it I noticed when crawling really slow it does it for a second or 2 then it crawls a little faster with a quick burst of speed!

I don't think it used to do it? And I don't think it will affect me but was just curious?

Also when turning it on fan was on Right away I noticed?

Guess I'll keep an eye out on it!
    Think I need to plastidip it soon?

Any thoughts?

For me all versions of the Mamba firmware past v1.24 do that on all my Castle systems. If you use CastleLink to back the f/w down to 1.24, you will not have the low-speed surging problem.

Fan runs immediately on startup as a check to show it is working.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    My MMP / 2400 in my slash 4x4 does the surging thing too.. Awesome advise about the firmware.. I'm gonna try it.

Sent from my highly abused iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

Yes, mine did too. No longer since going back to v1.24.

RC Competitor
    Ok really cool. Great advice
    I was a little worried. I'm wondering why I didn't notice that before?
    Glad it's a common problem

Idont have the castle link but it Is on my to buy list!
    All of my funds have been going to my 03 cobra as of late to get a solid 11 second car for this summer

RC Competitor
    Low speed surge,. Great wording to explain problem

RC Racer
    i guess mine as the v 1.24 because it runs really slow with no surge

Quote Originally Posted by growler87 View Post
    i guess mine as the v 1.24 because it runs really slow with no surge
    IDK. There have been reports of some combinations of hardware & firmware not having this issue. I have tried ten CC ESCs including multiples of each of the following: MMM, MMPro, MM, & SWv2. All have done it.

RC Racer
    i dont have the the usb link yet
    so i dont even know what version mine is running
    maybe 1.24 or less

I may dial back my MMM firmware, just updated all of them last night to most recent, i wonder if this may have had something to do with my oops in the kitchen tonight, then again is stuck WOT in the process.

See my build thread for more on the story lol.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    u can tell by the video i posted its runs really well at low speeds it no surge
    only when i it the gas it surges like a bat

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-21-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Any time you change the firmware you should recalibrate the ESC to the radio system.

i updated firmware before binding if that was directed to me. i wish i could explain what happened. it was just sitting on the kitchen floor and took off WOT right into the fridge. very strange.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    im not gona change my firmware
    like the saying goes if its not broken dont try to fix it something like that
    im gona go for a drive now still bright here

RC Competitor
    It's definantly a problem castle should work on!
    I'll do the firmware degrade soon!

When I saw that vette I thought it was your real car and thought the RC drove into it! I almost cried lol

RC Racer
    Mine does the same thing. Just that initial jump. I'm used to it. Other than that, it runs very smooth. My MERV is the cogger.

RC Competitor
    It's reassuring to hear you guys talk about this problem. I thought I had water damaged the ESC on my 4 week old e-revo when I noticed this problem the other day. I hope castle creations fix this with a firmware upgrade. How often does CC offer firmware upgrades?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskle View Post
    It's reassuring to hear you guys talk about this problem. I thought I had water damaged the ESC on my 4 week old e-revo when I noticed this problem the other day. I hope castle creations fix this with a firmware upgrade. How often does CC offer firmware upgrades?
    don't count on it...it must be a difficult problem to solve because I first noticed this problem on the beta firmware over a year ago.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    I had a dead out of warranty MMM so I sent it in to Castle to get it replaced for 70 bucks...(great deal by the way and kudos to cc for that policy). It took about 6 weeks for the replacement to get here because they were out of stock so the one I got is brand new hot off the assembly line. It came with firmware 1.32 (which I noticed is no longer labeled as beta firmware) so I was hoping the surge problem would be cleared up since it's a brand new MMM and the firmware is no longer beta...but no such luck, my 2200 in my erbe still has the low throttle surge with it so I flashed it back to 1.24. I wonder why CC can't figure out the cause of this problem?
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

I'm going to give Castle the benefit of the doubt here and speculate that the "fix" for whatever is causing this would be detrimental to some other aspect of operation or performance.
    Or maybe they've just been doing other things? They have been pretty busy lately, eh?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I'm going to give Castle the benefit of the doubt here and speculate that the "fix" for whatever is causing this would be detrimental to some other aspect of operation or performance.
    Or maybe they've just been doing other things? They have been pretty busy lately, eh?
    I hear you and I'm not really bashing cc since there 's no killer feature in the later firmwares that I really need or am itching try except maybe the torque limiting setting, but the fact that some people don't experience this problem with the same setup as I have (ie-esc, firmware version, and motor) makes me wonder what the cause could be. I was able to use the beta firmware (1.30 I think) in my slash4x4 when I still had the stock velineon motor in it with no sign of the throttle surge, however when I changed it out for a cc 2650 motor the surge problem suddenly appeared again, I made no other changes, just removed the velineon motor and installed 2650 motor and took it out to run. That tells me that it's caused by some interaction of the MMM/firmware with specific motors....but only sometimes,lol.......Maybe I'm not suprised they haven't fixed it yet.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

Oh, I hear all that. I'll mention again that when I paired a Sidewinder SCT/SV2 with a Velineon 380, it DID have the surge issue. And there is no f/w old enough to back down to a non-surge version. Since this motor system was slated for a mini Summit, this was a significant problem.

RC Racer
    from what iam reading thank god i didnt even ordered the usb link from castle

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    For me all versions of the Mamba firmware past v1.24 do that on all my Castle systems. If you use CastleLink to back the f/w down to 1.24, you will not have the low-speed surging problem.

Fan runs immediately on startup as a check to show it is working.
    yap mine does that