Thread: Bashing

RC Qualifier

Bashing

Hey guys! I am looking to have more fun with my Slash. Don't get me wrong, it is already fun, but I believe I can have twice as much fun as I am having now. What do you guys do when you drive your trucks?
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Qualifier
    The Slash is definitely more fun when you jump it. Set up some jumps, or look for natural terrain for jumping. I also love running mine in loose dirt and gravel so it slides around a lot. My father-in-law has a garden that has a lot of bumps and stuff in it that is great fun to run in. Just be creative, with a Slash, the world is your track!
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Qualifier
    Nice, that last sentence should be quoted in the description of the Slash in my opinion. I have been driving it off road lately, I will have to discover some new places.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, taking it different places can help a lot with getting bored too. If you always run in your yard, you'll eventually get tired of it. Skate parks look like a lot of fun, but I don't have one around here to try. Fortunately, we have several parks in our city where I can drive, so I just keep changing it up so I don't get bored.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, too bad I'm not sixteen so I can't really "drive" anywhere. We have a local school that lets us use their park, but finding proper off road can be pretty challenging out here. I do enjoy taking it interesting places when we go camping, though.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Champion
    Jumping is a lot of fun. Wheelies are awesome too if you got enough power.
    Mudding is a TON of fun, but it's tough on your truck, and don't do it if your electronics aren't waterproof.
    I also like to find a tree that is at an angle and see how far up the tree it will go until it flips or goes of the side!

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Usually, if I'm just bashing at home, a big (4' x 6') sheet of plywood is my way to change things up. I lean it on a folding table and put a skate ramp at the top for a kicker. Major air will keep you entertained for a long time! Just have some spares on hand, or your bash session can be over quickly. My Slash doesn't always handle the best, because its set up to take major hits! BIG FUN!!!! Another benefit is that when I'm done, I just lean it against the garage wall, and it takes up zero space.....
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    I just took it out to my Mom's woods today, I thought I broke my steering system when I realized there was a rock under the front skidplade. Almost gave me a heart attack!
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BanditTransit View Post
    I just took it out to my Mom's woods today, I thought I broke my steering system when I realized there was a rock under the front skidplade. Almost gave me a heart attack!
    lol that happens to me too.

RC Competitor
    ...I was about to buy a Razor Punk Ramp, but watched a few videos of it on YouTube...the width is too narrow...you'd have to be perfectly aligned at full speed, which is hard to do...

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I think that's the ramp I have (a buddy gave it to me). With a little practice you can hit it every time. We regularly hit mine at 35-40 mph all the time. I find it helps to stand next to the ramp and watch the truck come at you so you don't have to turn your head.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

My house is across the street from a church parking lot and I like to drive my slash while sitting in my living room-I watch out the windows. This works much better with 2.4 than the old FM radios..
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    My house is across the street from a church parking lot and I like to drive my slash while sitting in my living room-I watch out the windows. This works much better with 2.4 than the old FM radios..
    Lol, what if it flips o.O
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BanditTransit View Post
    Lol, what if it flips o.O
    haha good question. You got to have another person out there to flip it back up. lol

RC Qualifier
    Now Traxxas needs to invent a servo-flipper haha!
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Competitor
    I took mine to a local skate park. Bent a shock rod but had a complete blast. that thing survived some killer landings at unnatural angles. But i made it all the way through a battery and a half b4 it bent. My goal is to replace everything with better parts, but only as parts break. I find that i can get some pretty decent jumps just put of the curb embankments at the end of driveways and sidewalks too. and anytime you can find some good loose gravel to do some donuts it's just killer.